Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 2:43 pm

How to get a job that requires a lot of chatting? Minimal labour? And at least minimum wage at 28 years old. A hysterectomy may increase my chances of gaining employment but considering they underpay under 18s, I’ll always be at less advantage? Job with shared responsibility, where I can chat?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 4:48 pm

Itendswithmexx wrote:
How to get a job that requires a lot of chatting? Minimal labour?
Try telemarketing.
Itendswithmexx wrote:
And at least minimum wage at 28 years old.
Telemarketers usually work on commission -- the better you are, the more money you make.
Itendswithmexx wrote:
A hysterectomy may increase my chances of gaining employment...
What makes you believe that?
Itendswithmexx wrote:
... but considering they underpay under 18s, I’ll always be at less advantage?
An under-18 year old person eventually turns 18, and thus loses any such disadvantage.
Itendswithmexx wrote:
Job with shared responsibility, where I can chat?
What do you mean by "shared responsibility" ... someone who will take the blame for your mistakes?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 8:37 pm

Fnord wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:
Try telemarketing.
Itendswithmexx wrote:
Telemarketers usually work on commission -- the better you are, the more money you make.
Itendswithmexx wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:
An under-18 year old person eventually turns 18, and thus loses any such disadvantage.
Itendswithmexx wrote:
What do you mean by "shared responsibility" ... someone who will take the blame for your mistakes?

Telemarketing is hard to get. I tried to get a job in selling solar panels and there was a group interview of about 30 people and I was the dumbest. And yeah I didn’t get it lol. Then I had another job interview years ago for another telemarketing thing but again ,group interview with people who had masters degrees. I couldn’t keep up with what the lady was saying so I just left.

I need one of those ones where you just parrot from a script but hard to get but I’ll try again. People don’t seem to stay long in them and I’ve only known men to get those jobs. But yeah my body is kinda worn out so I need to take it easy. Maybe get a casual cleaning job. But I wouldn’t be able to commit to full time cleaning.

I don’t think they hire under 18s for telemarketing those jobs are hard to get.

I’m not a natural sales person. Bad on the spot.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 8:38 pm

As long as they get a base salary cause if it’s only commission then eh not worth it.

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 8:48 pm

Getting a telemarketing job in the US was an easy thing. (Altho I don't really know about the last 5 years, since all my friends are now out of that situation.) It was a very scripted job with quotas on either making so many calls an hour or selling a certain amount each hour.

Are they allowed to ask about medical stuff there during an interview? Here it'd be a big no-no to discuss something like a hysterectomy during one. Here, they couldn't/shouldn't ask, & if the interviewee brings it up it can be considered oversharing & inappropriate.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 10:43 pm

Blue_Star wrote:
Getting a telemarketing job in the US was an easy thing. (Altho I don't really know about the last 5 years, since all my friends are now out of that situation.) It was a very scripted job with quotas on either making so many calls an hour or selling a certain amount each hour.

Are they allowed to ask about medical stuff there during an interview? Here it'd be a big no-no to discuss something like a hysterectomy during one. Here, they couldn't/shouldn't ask, & if the interviewee brings it up it can be considered oversharing & inappropriate.

Hmmm on the online job applications they always ask if you have a medical or disability. No they may assume because I’m 27 that I’m in my child bearing years and thus be more reluctant to hire me because they may think my fertility is a liability because I’ll get pregnant and want leave ect. But if I say I have had a hysterectomy it may help increase my chances of getting a long term job. Obviously not a guarantee but eh! Oh not over sharing! They know I have a vagina.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 10:53 pm

Blue_Star wrote:

Eh we are all adults. And it’s a natural normal part of life so I don’t mind. Better to be upfront about it to avoid sex discrimination problems later or unfair dismissal hassles. I think it’s considerate. It’s an asset to not be burdened by a uterus.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 11:02 pm

Itendswithmexx wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:
Try telemarketing.
Itendswithmexx wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:

Telemarketing is hard to get. I tried to get a job in selling solar panels and there was a group interview of about 30 people and I was the dumbest. And yeah I didn’t get it lol. Then I had another job interview years ago for another telemarketing thing but again ,group interview with people who had masters degrees. I couldn’t keep up with what the lady was saying so I just left.

I need one of those ones where you just parrot from a script but hard to get but I’ll try again. People don’t seem to stay long in them and I’ve only known men to get those jobs. But yeah my body is kinda worn out so I need to take it easy. Maybe get a casual cleaning job. But I wouldn’t be able to commit to full time cleaning.

I don’t think they hire under 18s for telemarketing those jobs are hard to get.

I’m not a natural sales person. Bad on the spot.

You know when you’re driving a plane the labour is divided between the two pilots ? Team work division of responsibility.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 11:58 pm

Fnord wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:
Try telemarketing.
Itendswithmexx wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:

Which one is easier inbound or outbound telemarketing?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 8:28 am

Itendswithmexx wrote:
Which one is easier inbound or outbound telemarketing?
Outbound TM deals with robo-dialed "cold calls" to people who may not like telemarketers at all.

Inbound TM is usually a "Help Desk" function, and may require some actual knowledge of the product being serviced.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 6:24 pm

What has under 18 got to do with it, if you're 27?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 6:30 pm

Joe90 wrote:

She lives somewhere where the minimum wage for <18s is less than that for those >18 and is worried her potential employer will pick a less expensive applicant for the job.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Oct 2021, 7:49 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

She lives somewhere where the minimum wage for <18s is less than that for those >18 and is worried her potential employer will pick a less expensive applicant for the job.

Yup. Cause younger and less aware of there rights and they don’t have rights.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Oct 2021, 7:54 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Yup. Cause younger and less aware of there rights and they don’t have rights. Younger people are less likely to demand their basic human rights or even recognise when they are being explioted or else they would realise their slaves but they haven’t realised cause when you think of slavery you think of cotton picking.

But yah I’ve rarely seen someone over the age of 50 working. Heaps in volunteer roles but most people retire at 40. But yah I’m 27 and those jobs are harder to get in. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone that’s 50 working at McDonald’s.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 8:26 am

A right is something that cannot be legally denied -- such as the rights to free speech, press, religion, and due process under the law -- on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, or sexual orientation, and other categories..

A privilege is something that can be given and taken away and is considered to be a special advantage or opportunity that is available only to certain people (i.e., employment given to a person who demonstrates ability and willingness to do the work).

Therefore, employment is not a right, it is a privilege granted by an employer.  That privilege may be revoked at any time.

The mere fact that you may need a job does not mean that anyone is obligated to hire you.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 9:29 am

You're considering a hysterectomy to increase your chances of getting a low end job?

You said you also don't want to do a lot of work too. That's not a good idea for someone with I assume little in the way of work experience.

An employer is more likely to give you a part time job when they've seen you can handle a full time job. The attitude you have towards jobs doesn't seem the best.