Dating and Living With Parents

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Oct 2021, 5:40 pm

So, I live with my parents at their house right now, and I just turned 30 on October 4th. And I have a new job, so I'm wondering once I get my own place maybe it'll be easier for me to try dating.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 8:36 pm

Probabilities indicate dating will not be easy if you have any kind of ASD traits or diagnosis, no matter where you live.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 8:46 pm

It's usually easier to date if you have your own place because no one feels comfortable hooking up with your folks in the next room.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2021, 2:55 pm

christinejarvis21 wrote:
So, I live with my parents at their house right now, and I just turned 30 on October 4th. And I have a new job, so I'm wondering once I get my own place maybe it'll be easier for me to try dating.

1) You're not alone. Many people are in a similar situation. The cost of living has gone up significantly over the past few decades, while wages haven't. And COVID resulted in many people having to stay with their parents, so more many people will be understanding of this.

2) You're a woman, so it won't be as much of an issue. Society judges men a bit more harshly for living with their parents, because men are expected to be providers and breadwinners.

3) If the person you're dating has a home, they can host. If they also live with parents, the logistics will be harder, but they won't judge your situation because they're in the same situation too.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 3:38 pm

There's probably a little less stigma attached to a woman living with parents than there is when a man lives with his parents. Though the stigma, in general, for both sexes, has gotten less over the years.

Why not try dating?

Of course, it's easier when you get your own place.

Good luck on your new job!