Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 9:10 am

League_Girl wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
I find it ironic that people are so obsessed about their freedom that they are actually losing their freedom.
He did not lose his freedom, he used his freedom of choice to chose losing his job and maybe his career over taking the vaccine.
Having a job does give you freedom, money is freedom when you are not poor.
"'Freedom' is just another word for 'Nothing left to lose'." -- from Me & Bobby McGee, written by Kris Kristofferson (and performed by many)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 2:15 pm

League_Girl wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
I find it ironic that people are so obsessed about their freedom that they are actually losing their freedom.

He did not lose his freedom, he used his freedom of choice to chose losing his job and maybe his career over taking the vaccine.

Having a job does give you freedom, money is freedom when you are not poor.

Having a job gives you certain options, but it also takes them others away.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 5:16 pm

I feel more free when I have money. If I am homeless, I have no freedom.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Oct 2021, 6:21 pm

League_Girl wrote:
https://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown/2021/10/15/36581965/over-200-city-county-employees-poised-to-lose-their-job-monday-over-vaccine-mandates

Quote:
Over one hundred City of Portland employees and 73 Multnomah County employees will be fired if they fail to get vaccinated against COVID-19—or receive an exemption—by Monday, the day that both governments' staff vaccine mandates goes into effect.

This article is a few days old.

And I have no sympathy or empathy for them if they do get fired. They were given a direct order by their superiors to get vaccinated, or else.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 6:42 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well why wont they get vaccines?

Imagine what it would have been like today if people reacted to polio vaccines in the 50s and 60s like they react to covid vaccines in the 2020s.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 8:02 am

^My point, exactly!

KarenN33
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Oct 2021, 1:56 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I feel like someone is stupid if they lose a civil service position over something like vaccines.

This is a public health issue, not a political issue.

it's not fascistic to demand that people take a vaccine that will help stifle the Pandemic once and for all.

It's nothing to do with public health given that these jabs do not stop you getting covid or passing it on.

Telegraph-
Double-jabbed people carry same levels of Covid as unvaccinated

It's 100% political. All of these pharma giants are convicted felons who have had to pay out fortunes for lying about their products, bribing doctors and damaging people.

-Pfizer paid $2.3 billion fine in 2009, AstraZeneca paid $520 million fine in 2010 and Johnson & Johnson had to pay out after knowing FOR DECADES that asbestos was in their baby powder. Merck knowingly put out a headache pill called Viox that they knew would kill large numbers but said between themselves the profits would still be worth it. They killed up to 500,000 Americans with heart attacks.

The mandates literally are fascism. It is state merging with corporations. Big tech and big pharma. Many black people will lose jobs and be banned from buildings.

KarenN33
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Oct 2021, 2:01 pm

kokopelli wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Well why wont they get vaccines?

Imagine what it would have been like today if people reacted to polio vaccines in the 50s and 60s like they react to covid vaccines in the 2020s.

These jabs do not stop covid.

You'll also find in the Associated Press that the Gates funded oral polio vaccine has started the most polio outbreaks in Africa recently.

Lots of diseases were eradicated via better living standards. Africans want clean water and efficient plumbing. Not corporate injections.

Vaccines are meant to go through proper trials. These were 6 months and the placebo groups ended up getting jabbed which invalidated the trials. Harvard university has a recent study showing that the jabs actually make countries end up with more covid cases.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 2:12 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I feel more free when I have money. If I am homeless, I have no freedom.

I'd say with enough money even being homeless doesn't matter much, if you don't care about owning much stuff that might be the most free one could possibly be in our current society.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 8:41 am

KarenN33 wrote:

You'll also find in the Associated Press that the Gates funded oral polio vaccine has started the most polio outbreaks in Africa recently.

Lots of diseases were eradicated via better living standards. Africans want clean water and efficient plumbing. Not corporate injections.

Vaccines are meant to go through proper trials. These were 6 months and the placebo groups ended up getting jabbed which invalidated the trials. Harvard university has a recent study showing that the jabs actually make countries end up with more covid cases.

Current vaccines don't stop Covid transmission 100%, but they do substantially reduce rates of transmission, and greatly reduce hospitalisations and deaths. Here in Australia, we've seen this in the outbreaks in NSW and Victoria. The majority of the population in both states is now double vaccinated, however the large majority of Covid hospitalisations and deaths are still from unvaccinated people.

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 9:04 am

Related to the original topic:

Crime-hit Chicago grapples with police vaccine revolt
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58989555

Quote:
A standoff in Chicago, where the head of the city's largest police union is urging officers to defy a vaccine mandate, is the latest battle line being drawn in a nationwide fight over Covid-19 jabs.

Chicago, a city of nearly three million people, has seen more than 1,600 sexual assaults, nearly 3,000 shootings and 649 murders this year - a 14% increase over last.

Just as violent crimes have risen, though, thousands of the city's police force may not show up to work.

Officers are weighing whether to resist a mayoral mandate requiring all public employees to report their vaccine status. City employees must now show proof of vaccination or submit to bi-weekly testing, unless approved for a religious or medical exemption. By the end of this year, all employees must be vaccinated.

Nearly one-third of Chicago's almost 13,000-member police department have so far refused to register their vaccination status, putting them on track for dismissal.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 9:05 am

Chicago police are revolting ... is this news?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

KarenN33
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Oct 2021, 11:21 am

Murihiku wrote:
KarenN33 wrote:

Current vaccines don't stop Covid transmission 100%, but they do substantially reduce rates of transmission, and greatly reduce hospitalisations and deaths. Here in Australia, we've seen this in the outbreaks in NSW and Victoria. The majority of the population in both states is now double vaccinated, however the large majority of Covid hospitalisations and deaths are still from unvaccinated people.

This is false. A recent Havard study showed that cases were actually higher in highly vaccinated areas. Israel, Iceland and the Seychelles all had their worst rates after making themselves the most jabbed countries on earth. We saw countries like Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand be at virtually zero covid and then they rolled out the jabs and numbers soared. The jabs are also only aimed at the original strain so they won't protect you from the others.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 11:39 am

KarenN33 wrote:
... A recent Havard study showed that cases were actually higher in highly vaccinated areas. Israel, Iceland and the Seychelles all had their worst rates after making themselves the most jabbed countries on earth. We saw countries like Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand be at virtually zero covid and then they rolled out the jabs and numbers soared. The jabs are also only aimed at the original strain so they won't protect you from the others.
Link to study, please?

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 9:25 pm

Did that study also account for loosening of restrictions in many of those countries as a potential cause of rising cases? Plus, how does it account for regions with low vaccination rates having higher infection rates, including Russia, Romania and even parts of the US?

Even here in Australia, we've seen higher rates of infections and hospitalisations among non-vaccinated people. Some states have even introduced vaccine mandates for healthcare workers, police officers, construction workers and even parliamentarians (Victoria). This has caused concern amongst some affected workers, and even protests in Sydney and Melbourne. But by and large the mandates have widespread support here (for essential workers at least).

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 4:54 am

It seems that everyone in my department at work (private sector) is expecting to get fired soon. The word going around is that I'm the only one of the crew who's vaccinated. But I have to worry about what's going to happen to my job if I'm the only one left.