Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 2:54 am

hey...id like to know what you guys think of my songs...its nothing professional cuz i record in my room...its just depressing stuff...and i saw that there are a lot of producers here...if you could send me any dark/emotional beats id really appreciate it...id give proper credit with a link to your stuff on my soundclick...so here's two songs...and if you're wondering about my accent...its cuz i was born in south africa...just click a link and then click on hi fi and it plays online...thanks!

forgotten pt 2 << i go first...a friend does the second verse

i wanna be like everybody else << i go first on this too...another friend does the second verse

yo yo yo << more of my songs

thanks again

about an alien corpse
im the one who brought
the truth to the light

Jainaday
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 3:21 am

Interesting.

I'm very new to hip hop, but very want to learn how to mix. I like "contradictions of liberation" best so far. . .

Good going.

I also like broken dreams quite a lot. . . it's similar to a lot of other things I've heard, but the vocals are so much more passionate. . . it's impressive.

How long have you been doing this? And what do you use to mix with?

psych
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 11:13 am

Im impressed 8) Will have a proper listen later tonight.

I was about to recommend JMT beats, but your using them already. You can d/l the new Sage Francis record as instrumentals, some of that would suit your style well also.

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2007, 11:38 pm

Jainaday, psych...thanks a lot for listening and commenting!...i really appreciate it :D ive been rapping since 2003 and i use cool edit pro 2 to mix and edit the vocals...i can send you that program if you want...and thanks for recommendation psych...ill download the Sage Francis record now...and yeah, ima big fan of jmt...stoupe is a genius isnt he? 8O

about an alien corpse
im the one who brought
the truth to the light

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 6:01 am

Dude, that's cool. You've got a new listener. :)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2007, 11:43 am

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's all I gotta say :), listening to Heavy Metal 2 right now - mad heavy :twisted:

I could definitely put some beats together, you guys really sound like you've got it on and connected though. What I think I'd probably do is throw something down, deparate it into different audio tracks with the effects minimized, and let you all have the final work with it just so you can get the ambiance on the right tilt. I've got all day to myself though right now, nothing pressing aside from laundry, so I'll see what I can cook up.

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 6:07 pm

Daniel, techstep...thanks a lot!! !...im really glad you two like it...and tech, id love to hear some of your beats...cant wait :D

about an alien corpse
im the one who brought
the truth to the light

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2007, 8:26 pm

let me ask you though, what kinds of beats are you looking for when you say that? There's a pretty big difference between the stuff you had your features set on here for vs. liberation and the other stuff. Those kinds of beats with the grimey piano, accoustic bass, that's something I still haven't really learned how to do well as far as making it sound right or the melodies. I'd still be down but this could take a minute. Still, I love a challenge, anything that I haven't tried before I figure could only sharpen my skills.

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 8:16 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
let me ask you though, what kinds of beats are you looking for when you say that? There's a pretty big difference between the stuff you had your features set on here for vs. liberation and the other stuff. Those kinds of beats with the grimey piano, accoustic bass, that's something I still haven't really learned how to do well as far as making it sound right or the melodies. I'd still be down but this could take a minute. Still, I love a challenge, anything that I haven't tried before I figure could only sharpen my skills.

oh, well it doesnt matter...id just like it to have a sad kinda sound to it...im sorry, i cant really explain it well...it doesnt have to be anything complicated...just a simple beat that makes your face go like this :( ...what do you use to make beats?

about an alien corpse
im the one who brought
the truth to the light

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2007, 4:36 pm

Reason 3.0, I'm kinda still locked into that just because I still haven't found the cash to get good studio monitors or do the kind of tweeking I could with Absynth or the MBOX (have both but still really don't have a good means of routing it all).

When I think of the sad sound though, at least as your describing it, I kinda think of more of an epic 'give you chills' sort of energy; at least that's what I tend to get from it. Hip hop, especially the oldskool style beats you guys work with though, has a real specific lean to it though and I'm trying to at least get my head around the nuiances that keeps it within the framework.

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2007, 10:56 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Reason 3.0, I'm kinda still locked into that just because I still haven't found the cash to get good studio monitors or do the kind of tweeking I could with Absynth or the MBOX (have both but still really don't have a good means of routing it all).

When I think of the sad sound though, at least as your describing it, I kinda think of more of an epic 'give you chills' sort of energy; at least that's what I tend to get from it. Hip hop, especially the oldskool style beats you guys work with though, has a real specific lean to it though and I'm trying to at least get my head around the nuiances that keeps it within the framework.

aight, just send me whatever you think sounds good...and take your time...i really appreciate you doing this :D

about an alien corpse
im the one who brought
the truth to the light

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 4:50 pm

Ok, this is a 2:13 minute (65 bar) sample of something I started working on. If I have my head way up my ass on this one I'll be glad to send you the base sounds so you guys can remix it and have it sounding more on par with what works. Anyway:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cq5t95

psych
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 6:15 pm

Stoupe produced an album for canibus 'rip the jacker', where he was given the bare vocals tracks and asked to do the entire production over the top, completely alone (bis was busy killing babies in Iraq at the time so couldnt hear anything till it was finished (not suggesting the lack of communication was a necessary factor tho iyswim)) - Its probably very difficult and time-consuming to pull off, (i know nothing about production /rapping) but imo it turned out to be one of the strongest canibus records, so the back-to-front approach certainly didnt hurt. Just a thought :)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 6:46 pm

psych wrote:
Stoupe produced an album for canibus 'rip the jacker', where he was given the bare vocals tracks and asked to do the entire production over the top, completely alone (bis was busy killing babies in Iraq at the time so couldnt hear anything till it was finished (not suggesting the lack of communication was a necessary factor tho iyswim)) - Its probably very difficult and time-consuming to pull off, (i know nothing about production /rapping) but imo it turned out to be one of the strongest canibus records, so the back-to-front approach certainly didnt hurt. Just a thought :)

All you really need is an acapella version of a song, once you have that you just construct a beat. What I'm really dying for is to find an acapella of Blood Sport by Mobb Deep and putting it over some jungle "And while your shinin' in the spotlight...I got this dot right? Yeah aimed right a stop-life...the trife life....ain't no part twos!"

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2007, 9:13 pm

wow!...that beat is nice!...i really like the feel of it...some trippy s**t :D ...thanks a lot...you really have skills with making beats...do you have any other beats online?...we gotta do a mixtape or somthing 8) ...and did yall hear that track with canibus and vinner paz the fusion centre?...whhoooo 8O

about an alien corpse
im the one who brought
the truth to the light

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2007, 9:21 pm

Yeah, I think the only things that track needs right now are first to shore up some of the timing of the bass line a little and I was just playing it real quick for my roommate, listening to it again I think it could use some jazz style trumpet falls in the right parts.

(edit: and if you wanted to hear some of my other work just go to http://www.mp3.com/5pryme, not hip hop though - its jungle, but you still get an idea for my tastes in ambiance :) )