Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Erjoy29
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Oct 2021, 8:08 pm

Please help. I always hear “listen and ask questions”. All the time. I read up on a lot. I improve a little bit. But not much.

Part of the problem is that I live a fairly uneventful and simple life but that’s honestly what I feel like I need. The world is loud and overly stimulating. I’m overwhelmed that I just freeze. At times I feel like I could be at a panic attack. I need a significant amount of alone time. I’m very empathic that way. Esp as a single mother where alone time is rare. I can discuss about things I do alone. But I don’t know if it’s enough? Part of the problem is that I don’t take much interest in the world. I often feel “forced” to be interested outside of my really weird alien special interests.

Any unique or especially helpful tips to actually bridge the gap between yourself and other people?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 10:36 pm

Erjoy29 wrote:
really weird alien special interests.

If you don't mind sharing, what are some of your "really weird alien special interests"?

I would suggest using your unusual interests -- the more unusual, the better -- as a vehicle for finding good potential friends, both online and hopefully, eventually, in-person.

To help you make friends here on Wrong Planet, for example, I would suggest that you edit your profile to add a signature line that mentions your interests. (Your profile already mentions the state you live in, which is helpful also.)

The rarer an interest is, the more likely it is (though not guaranteed) that people who have that interest will highly value the few other people they come across who share that interest.