Dating a virgin for the first time.

Page 9 of 9 [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 12:06 am

Nades wrote:
Her intent is simple too, she's a doctor, looks hot and is Polish so she drips with confidence and is more than happy to maul anyone including me. Regardless of her regular savaging of me she's usually right about what she says as unpleasant as it might be. We can't stand each other but wouldn't know what to do without each other too. She also has an adorable new kitten to contrast her abrasive nature.

Wait, is she your doctor?

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 3:05 am

cyberdad wrote:
Nades wrote:
Her intent is simple too, she's a doctor, looks hot and is Polish so she drips with confidence and is more than happy to maul anyone including me. Regardless of her regular savaging of me she's usually right about what she says as unpleasant as it might be. We can't stand each other but wouldn't know what to do without each other too. She also has an adorable new kitten to contrast her abrasive nature.

Wait, is she your doctor?

Nope just a doctor of biology of some sort. Mainly analytics.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 6:04 am

Well, now you know why she's chronically single.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 12:23 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Well, now you know why she's chronically single.

If she has hissy fits over a small problems like this then yeah. It's surprising how quickly she turned once she realised I'm not waiting years for her. I dunno what else she expected from dating at her age but who knows. I think the two combined and royally butt hurt her or something.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 6:07 pm

Nades wrote:
It's surprising how quickly she turned once she realised I'm not waiting years for her. I dunno what else she expected from dating at her age but who knows. I think the two combined and royally butt hurt her or something.

Not wanting to pry, but what do you mean "once she realised" ?

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 10:35 pm

Nades wrote:
ironpony wrote:
I would say that you two should also talk about sex a lot during this time, because you don't want to invest a lot of time in a relationship, only to find out you are sexually compatible months down the road. Talk about it regularly and find out if she is into what you are into sexually to. It may be hard for her to know if she is still a virgin, but I guess that's the best one can do in this case?

I try to avoid it too much. She seems to duck and dodge any convo of it and so far hasn't showed a glimmer of sexual interest in men. Were about ten dates in now and it's about time people usually start showing interest of some sort. She explicitly said she doesn't really know what she's into as she's had no experience before but also said she's into trying "everything". It's a bit strange when combined with her avoidance of the subject.

Why are you dating this woman then? What does she have to offer that non-virgins do not?

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2021, 7:28 am

I had a sort of revelation. You don't know for certain she's a virgin. When I was 19 I was dating this girl who had comparable "boundaries". I eventually figured out she had a boyfriend but her mother had taken measures to prevent her from seeing him. This lady might have a boyfriend. Best guess is he's in prison or been deported. 2nd option more likely.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 9:05 pm

ironpony wrote:
Nades wrote:
ironpony wrote:
I would say that you two should also talk about sex a lot during this time, because you don't want to invest a lot of time in a relationship, only to find out you are sexually compatible months down the road. Talk about it regularly and find out if she is into what you are into sexually to. It may be hard for her to know if she is still a virgin, but I guess that's the best one can do in this case?

I try to avoid it too much. She seems to duck and dodge any convo of it and so far hasn't showed a glimmer of sexual interest in men. Were about ten dates in now and it's about time people usually start showing interest of some sort. She explicitly said she doesn't really know what she's into as she's had no experience before but also said she's into trying "everything". It's a bit strange when combined with her avoidance of the subject.

Why are you dating this woman then? What does she have to offer that non-virgins do not?

Literally nothing other than being child free. She's overall a nice person but it's clear that not only is she disinterested/afraid of anything intimate more than kissing, but she's proven it by have zero experience at her age.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 9:16 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Nades wrote:
It's surprising how quickly she turned once she realised I'm not waiting years for her. I dunno what else she expected from dating at her age but who knows. I think the two combined and royally butt hurt her or something.

Not wanting to pry, but what do you mean "once she realised" ?

I told her I was expecting "a bit of feedback" after 3 or 4 months, more than just kissing. By now all women i have ever spoken to have shown a little sexual interest but with her almost nothing.

I thought she shown a little bit of curiosity upon me being told about a TV show and asking her about it. It's a bit if an X rated series. She said she liked it but immediately backtracked on the most recent date and said she has no interest in it and "turn it off" the TV once it comes on.

I said waiting a year would be a struggle (which it would for anyone in their 30s who wants a family) and she turned much more hot headed.

She seems to occupy the fringes of sexuality for her age and I get the sense she'll be one to dig her heels in and not budge. I think it'll be a multiple year wait. If that's what she wants then all the more power to her but she'll need to realise she'll be single for a long time.

LAWLessman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Dec 2021, 4:10 pm

Nades wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
A job isn't letting someone who could potentially hurt you penetrate your body... well not usually.

It's different. You need to find someone you trust to make that step. She hasn't found anyone yet.

The biggest concern I have is that she hasn't even started dating until she was 29. It's not so much a case of she hasn't found anyone yet but more she hasn't even bothered looking until a very late stage.

Naturally, man or woman, it makes people wonder if such a person is actually into dating, relationships or sex at all.

You're making such a big deal out of this. You've had multiple (successful I imagine) dates, so I'm not sure why you're making such a big deal out of it. Sounds like she would've just been better off lying or just not bringing up the fact that she didn't date or have sex... Or just not dating you.

LAWLessman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Dec 2021, 4:15 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
ironpony wrote:
I feel like there is a perhaps a double standard or hypocrisy here, because some of the remarks are saying that the OP is being shallow perhaps, for thinking of a woman still be a virgin as a red flag.

However, lots of women think it's a red flag if men are still virgins past their 20s, all the time, and it's considered 'normal', to think that way about guys who are.

However, if a woman is still a virgin later on in life, and the guy thinks of this as red flag, then people think it's 'shallow' of him. But isn't it a double standard, if a woman thinks of it as a red flag, then it's normal, but if a man thinks of it as one, that it's shallow?

DING DING DING!! ! WE HAVE A WINNER! This is totally double standards and hypocrisy because as you said women question men on things in their 30s (being a virgin is one of them) and yet no one bats an eye. Yet when a man comes and does the same thing suddenly he's called "condescending", "shallow", "picky", etc.

Hurtloam I think you are being rather rude and I think you might need to take a step back and take personal feelings aside about what you think of OP in general(and making a generalization that men don't have feelings when it comes to dating). Also Mona Pereth, while it is an overgeneralization you can't exclude the fact of reality that most women do not approach men. Many videos and posts across the internet will tell you that what he said overall is true(by men and women).

Also in your 30s you don't exactly have all the time in the world to sit, chat, and see if things work out cause guess what? If you want kids and you are dating a woman(with intention of marriage and family) in her 30s you have about 12 years before it's too late to have children(and those years can fly by quick!). It's like the men remember this fact but women forget(or forgot) that this is a thing.

Of course someone makes it a gender thing. It's crappy regardless of gender. I'm male too, so you can't play the gender card with me.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2021, 4:20 pm

LAWLessman wrote:
Nades wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
A job isn't letting someone who could potentially hurt you penetrate your body... well not usually.

It's different. You need to find someone you trust to make that step. She hasn't found anyone yet.

The biggest concern I have is that she hasn't even started dating until she was 29. It's not so much a case of she hasn't found anyone yet but more she hasn't even bothered looking until a very late stage.

Naturally, man or woman, it makes people wonder if such a person is actually into dating, relationships or sex at all.

You're making such a big deal out of this. You've had multiple (successful I imagine) dates, so I'm not sure why you're making such a big deal out of it. Sounds like she would've just been better off lying or just not bringing up the fact that she didn't date or have sex... Or just not dating you.

It's no good lying when it's become obvious by now anyway.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 11:48 am

Nades wrote:
A first for me. A woman who's taken a but of an interest in me has told me she's a virgin with almost no experience with men. What worries me is that unlike a lot other older virgins, she has no disability that's prevented her from interacting with men and instead, decided to avoid dating until the age of 29 for her career which never took off anyway.

As a result she's timid and clearly won't be able to make any moves or even give feedback and signals in return. Probably an autistics nightmare thinking if it.

We've been in four dates now and have another lined up. She responded very well indeed to the first kiss and went in for seconds and thirds. Perhaps I'm just being a bit paranoid from previous experiences but is it a red flag to anyone? I thought if she was into guys and has been capable all this time she would have done the deed a long time ago.

so definetley voluntary for her