Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Oct 2021, 6:43 pm

The prices of everything are skyrocketing. We got 4 medium roast beefs from Arby’s which ended up in the $20 range. Me my brother and Mom are thinking “What’s all this??” I’d expect maybe $15 but over $20? My bills also went up too as well as everyone else’s most likely. I’m not disgruntled or anything, matter of fact, I’m thankful I’m even getting government assistance and have a job, all in all I just really hope the extra money they’re collecting is going to the most needy so just saying.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 7:49 pm

yeah, this is the fallout of a global pandemic that disrupted supply chains. Stuff that should have been produced in the last 18 months just wasn't, so the supplies that did get produced are now rising in price, pulling everything else up.
A normal inflation that goes along with rising wages would be less problematic, because it merely indicates rising wages, but this one is upsetting to many, in particular because the vast increase of money supply since 2008 hasn't reached wage workers, but went into property speculation etc. instead.
So now we can not only no longer afford property, or rent, but also no longer food.
Time to strike until Jeff Bezos agrees to a payrise.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 7:55 pm

what do you do if your in that middle income bracket.. too much to get assistance but not enough to give yourself proper care or have access to nutritious food ... The food pantrys are apt to give out
too much for one person and you cant live on those pop tarts they give out. So am having to keep the thermostat too cold .. To not have to wear a sweater or a coat this winter . So you can have water and
other basics . sorry am just whining .

where ever you go ,there you are

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 1:21 am

Aspieangeldude wrote:
The prices of everything are skyrocketing. We got 4 medium roast beefs from Arby’s which ended up in the $20 range. Me my brother and Mom are thinking “What’s all this??” I’d expect maybe $15 but over $20? My bills also went up too as well as everyone else’s most likely. I’m not disgruntled or anything, matter of fact, I’m thankful I’m even getting government assistance and have a job, all in all I just really hope the extra money they’re collecting is going to the most needy so just saying.

A lot of it is because of all the money printing by the FED.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 2:00 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Aspieangeldude wrote:

A lot of it is because of all the money printing by the FED.

Combined with who's holding on to all of it.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う