Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Nov 2021, 8:04 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I been talking to this guy for 3 weeks, he suddenly ghost me out of nowhere. I think he really liked me. What he did by ghosting me after 3 weeks without an explanation was rude & childish, he acted like a teenager. Why do men do this? I know I can do it too, but when I do it it’s different, it’s because of my Aspergers, I can get overwhelmed with 4 or 5 guys wanting to talk to me, it can be toooooo much, I can start to overload or I really don’t know what to say, but I don’t ghost anyone after 3 weeks of talking to them. Today 7 men want to talk to me.

in this current age , you will find the number of messages a woman gets compared to a man is alot more on average .

if the sent goes dry , then there's your answer . if you take long messaging back because your chatting to multiple people , there's another .

or if it feels like there is no momentum or intention on esculating into reality .. that is a definate

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 8:17 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I been talking to this guy for 3 weeks, he suddenly ghost me out of nowhere. I think he really liked me. What he did by ghosting me after 3 weeks without an explanation was rude & childish, he acted like a teenager. Why do men do this? I know I can do it too, but when I do it it’s different, it’s because of my Aspergers, I can get overwhelmed with 4 or 5 guys wanting to talk to me, it can be toooooo much, I can start to overload or I really don’t know what to say, but I don’t ghost anyone after 3 weeks of talking to them. Today 7 men want to talk to me.

Because it's easier to ghost than for someone to say "sorry, i'm no longer interested in you."

In the age of smart phones and social media, I think it's pretty safe to say that someone who's taking 24+ hours to respond to a message is probably not that into you in the first place.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 8:20 am

Doesn't a lot of ghosting go on every year at haloween?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 8:20 am

Ettina wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Lunella wrote:
I think there's different types of ghosting tbh, the ones where you're not invested in the person and you've only had a minor conversation are fine but the long drawn out type ones where you've invested a lot of time are just outright narcissistic imo. That kind of behaviour is becoming normalised in society when it shouldn't because it's a lack of respect for the person who is being ghosted. The person doing it is using some pretty bad personality traits that have become normalised imo.
The third kind is when you are so fed up with the other person's bushlit that you want nothing more to do with them.
And sometimes with that kind, if you try to tell them you're leaving, they'll throw a tantrum. Maybe even become dangerous.
Which is likely why ghosting was invented in the first place -- someone wanted to get away from a deranged psychopath whose only means of conflict resolution was through violence or death.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 8:13 pm

I'd rather be ghosted by someone than have that person chew me up in a horrible way.