Page 5 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 6:19 pm

Trump hates anyone who could honestly call him out as a fool and a coward: Epidemiologists, Journalists, Physicians, Veterans, Virologists, Women, et cetera.  It is as if he must discredit them before they even think about discrediting him.

Sad!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 6:20 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
The only humor Trump ever demonstrated was when insulting or denigrating someone else. Trump is too much of a malignant personality to display any other kind of humor.

He didn't jokingly denigrate "Sleepy Joe", so I have proven you wrong right there. :P

Seriously, you need a perceivable sense of humour to understand Trump.
Those on the left either cannot see it or don't want to because of their hatred for Trump.

This is why it is better not to be hyperpartisan.
Being an independant and open-minded allows for objectivity. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 6:44 pm

Off Topic
Quote:
Hillary Clinton told an audience of donors Friday night that half of Donald Trump's supporters fall into "the basket of deplorables," meaning people who were racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 6:47 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The only humor Trump ever demonstrated was when insulting or denigrating someone else. Trump is too much of a malignant personality to display any other kind of humor.

He didn't jokingly denigrate "Sleepy Joe", so I have proven you wrong right there. :P

Those on the left either cannot see it or don't want to because of their hatred for Trump.

Hey skunko my views are mostly conservative but I voted Biden because tRump is bat s**t nuts and anyone with half a brain should be able to get it.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 6:55 pm

Pepe wrote:

My problems are (1) there are many on the right who don’t know when he is joking, and take his observations as truth finally being told and (2) humor at the expense of other human beings isn’t humor, it’s bullying.

All bully’s have used the “can’t you take a joke” line. A president has duty to not use that type of “humor” because such humor is insidious in the pain it causes and how it starts to normalize negative assumptions.

I can see the jokes, but doesn’t mean I can’t insist he be accountable for them. It has nothing to do with hating him, and everything to do with wanting a political leader to follow the same standards we, as a society, expect of each other and teach our kids.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 7:09 pm

Fnord wrote:
Trump hates anyone who could honestly call him out as a fool and a coward: Epidemiologists, Journalists, Physicians, Veterans, Virologists, Women, et cetera.  It is as if he must discredit them before they even think about discrediting him.

Sad!

*All* "Epidemiologists, Journalists, Physicians, Veterans, Virologists, Women, et cetera." have the same opinion on everything/k, yes. <satire> 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 7:12 pm

Axeman wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Hey skunko my views are mostly conservative but I voted Biden because tRump is bat s**t nuts and anyone with half a brain should be able to get it.

An epic non-sequitur.
Kudos. :thumright: :mrgreen:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 7:34 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It wasn't? Trump was implying Biden was too old to even stay awake, or anything else. I don't recall Biden ever making a personal attack like that on anyone.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 7:38 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It wasn't? Trump was implying Biden was too old to even stay awake, or anything else. I don't recall Biden ever making a personal attack like that on anyone.

I thought it was so obvious that I was being ironic that I didn't see a need to add the qualifier "<satire>"
Sadly, I was wrong, my friend.
I will do so in the future. ;)

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 7:58 pm

Pepe wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

An epic non-sequitur.

Whatever. I'm hoping he has an unfortunate accident like the back of his head exploding from the impact of a small fast metal object long before the next election.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 1:21 am

Axeman wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

An epic non-sequitur.

Whatever. I'm hoping he has an unfortunate accident like the back of his head exploding from the impact of a small fast metal object long before the next election.

Would Xi be a better first target? :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 2:16 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Trump called John McCain "a dummy" because he got caught.
He was outrageously joking around as he always does.
People who have a poor understanding of humour don't get it.
I get it. 8)

If something is generally considered not funny it isn't a problem with people lacking a sense of humour, it's a problem with what the attempted comedian is using for material.

I find Trumps humour *generally* entertaining/amusing. :mrgreen:
Am I a bad person? :(

BTW, If a progressive politician joked the same way, would that be OK? :scratch:

I wouldn't consider someone to be a bad person simply on the basis of what they laugh at. Further, I would actually agree with you that at least some of Trump's statements that get covered as being tonedeaf were probably attempts at humour.

I don't think this is one of them, McCain didn't just get 'caught', he was subjected to significant torture at the hands of his captors. There's plenty of jokes that would be fair to make at his expense, but haha you got shot down and tortured seems pretty tasteless no matter who's making it - you know, unless it's someone who lost a loved one after John McCain murdered them with his fighter plane. Outside of that scenario it's just tasteless and within that scenario it's not really a joke, it's just a dig at someone who wronged you.

Well, I have been ritually abused as a child, gang-stalked for most of my life, live the life of a suburban hermit because I am sick of the intimidation and humiliation, have been cyber-stalked for 20 years, but I still have a sense of humour. 8)

I think you young people take yourselves too seriously and look for excuses to be mortally offended.
What you don't seem to understand is that politics is a very dirty game and only for the psychologically tough.
"If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen" sort of thing.

Hillary talked about the Republican "deplorables".
A lot of people were hugely offended by that also.
It was "water off a skunk's back" to me.
Toughen up, dude. 8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 2:45 am

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
I get it. 8)

If something is generally considered not funny it isn't a problem with people lacking a sense of humour, it's a problem with what the attempted comedian is using for material.

BTW, If a progressive politician joked the same way, would that be OK? :scratch:

I wouldn't consider someone to be a bad person simply on the basis of what they laugh at. Further, I would actually agree with you that at least some of Trump's statements that get covered as being tonedeaf were probably attempts at humour.

I don't think this is one of them, McCain didn't just get 'caught', he was subjected to significant torture at the hands of his captors. There's plenty of jokes that would be fair to make at his expense, but haha you got shot down and tortured seems pretty tasteless no matter who's making it - you know, unless it's someone who lost a loved one after John McCain murdered them with his fighter plane. Outside of that scenario it's just tasteless and within that scenario it's not really a joke, it's just a dig at someone who wronged you.

Well, I have been ritually abused as a child, gang-stalked for most of my life, live the life of a suburban hermit because I am sick of the intimidation and humiliation, have been cyber-stalked for 20 years, but I still have a sense of humour. 8)

I think you young people take yourselves too seriously and look for excuses to be mortally offended.
What you don't seem to understand is that politics is a very dirty game and only for the psychologically tough.

Toughen up, dude. 8)

I am sincerely sorry you've been dealt such bad cards in the game of life.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 2:56 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
I get it. 8)

Toughen up, dude. 8)

You are a decent man, my friend.
When so many were pissing on me, you were supportive.
I will always remember that. ;)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 3:03 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
I get it. 8)

Toughen up, dude. 8)

You are a decent man, my friend.
When so many were pissing on me, you were supportive.
I will always remember that. ;)

Thanks. But me? A decent man??? :lol:

ThisTimelessMoment
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Oct 2021, 8:54 am

Again it is glaringly obvious where people get their news from.

We should remember we are actually quite simple machines. What you put in is what you get out. Beware of filling your mind with s#@t, sooner or later you will end up spouting it.

Astonishing how difficult it seems to be to distinguish bumbling old person (the new incumbent) from pathologically lying narcissist (the orange thing).