Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 6:33 pm

Quote:
Australia blasts China for imposing 'politically motivated' trade sanctions in blistering statement to WTO

Australia has publicly lashed out at Chinese trading practices in a blistering statement to the WTO, accusing Beijing's actions of being "politically motivated".

Dominica Funnell
Digital Reporter

October 21, 2021 - 11:52AM

Australia has called out Chinese coercion in a blistering statement to the World Trade Organisation. Trade Minister Dan Tehan told Sky News Australia the…

Australia has submitted a damning review to the World Trade Organisation accusing China of failing to uphold its trade commitments over imposing a series of harsh sanctions and measures on Australian exports.

Australia's representative to the WTO, George Mina, said in a strong statement that since its last review China has "increasingly tested global trade rules and norms” with practices which do not align with its WTO commitment.

He said Australia was not the only member of the WTO to have been impacted by this behaviour and has sought to remedy the trade disputes, however, doing so has revealed evidence China’s actions were “motivated by political considerations”.

“Over the past 18 months, China has increasingly implemented trade disruptive measures targeting a wide range of Australia products. These include increased and arbitrary border testing and inspections; unwarranted delays in listing and re-listing export establishments, issuing import licences and other restrictions, and the imposition of unjustified anti-dumping and countervailing duties,” he wrote.

These actions have terminated, or threatened to terminate, the trading of more than a dozen commodities including barley, coal, cotton, meat, rock lobsters and wine.
Australian representative to the WTO George Mina has delivered a scathing rebuke of China's trade practices. Picture: Getty Images

https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-ne ... rallPos=15

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 6:55 pm

it has become obvious the Nation of Australia should unconditionally surrender to China 8O
Have been suspect of the WTO for a long time. Anyway. What was there before the WTO ?

where ever you go ,there you are

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 7:02 pm

Jakki wrote:
it has become obvious the Nation of Australia should unconditionally surrender to China 8O
Have been suspect of the WTO for a long time. Anyway. What was there before the WTO ?

No idea.
The barter system? :scratch:

China is a bully and Austalia is like a red flag to a bull. :mrgreen:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 7:42 pm

Personally had attempted to do business with a Chinese Solar panel company.

Thought it was going to be a good faith transaction . After the funds had transferred ,
Suddenly there was a additional several thousands of dollars tax added on . Before they would
ship the panels . So did contact the company in China and was treated as a absolute jerk.
Their english was good . And spoke to several people before i researched the company . That was listed on Alibaba . Had made contact with other personnel there and experienced poor treatment.
Even after i contacted a Supervisor after thoroughly Researching the Company was put off and just given phoney assurances Finally had to cancel the check through my institution . Then they wrote me that they were going to do a refund , Several days after i canceled the financial issues
on my end . They made no apologies and sent messages to me that , My actions did not demonstrate good faith . And various other implied insults. And continue to badger me to this day to do business with them. This was many years ago. Have made it a point to try at all costs not to do any business with China even in simple little daily transactions . Do Not Buy Made in China !
Just my own humble opinion based on my own experiences. Had learned, when young how to be in business for myself growing up. From my late esteemed Father.

where ever you go ,there you are

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 7:53 pm

Jakki wrote:
Personally had attempted to do business with a Chinese Solar panel company.

Thought it was going to be a good faith transaction . After the funds had transferred ,
Suddenly there was a additional several thousands of dollars tax added on . Before they would
ship the panels . So did contact the company in China and was treated as a absolute jerk.
Their english was good . And spoke to several people before i researched the company . That was listed on Alibaba . Had made contact with other personnel there and experienced poor treatment.
Even after i contacted a Supervisor after thoroughly Researching the Company was put off and just given phoney assurances Finally had to cancel the check through my institution . Then they wrote me that they were going to do a refund , Several days after i canceled the financial issues
on my end . They made no apologies and sent messages to me that , My actions did not demonstrate good faith . And various other implied insults. And continue to badger me to this day to do business with them. This was many years ago. Have made it a point to try at all costs not to do any business with China even in simple little daily transactions . Do Not Buy Made in China !
Just my own humble opinion based on my own experiences. Had learned, when young how to be in business for myself growing up. From my late esteemed Father.

Easier said than done.
Because they use slave labour, the prices of their goods mean they have pushed other manufacturers out of the market.
The greed of the west has come back to bite them on the arse. 8O