Actor Alec Baldwin shoots 2 people, killing one of them.

Page 16 of 18 [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 6:27 am

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
This really goes off topic but the whole issue of potential collusion with Russia isn’t really resolved because key information has never been accessed and key witnesses stonewalled or lied. I don’t trust reporting in either side that treats it as resolved. Too many derivatives never investigated at all because of the successful stonewalling and congressional limitation of investigation scope. Claims of innocent only arise because it hasn’t been proven (and probably never will be). Claims of guilt lack reliable proof. The most honest reporting IMHO recognizes that.

Dox47 wrote:
This really is too far afield even for this train-wreck of a thread, but I have to admit I'm getting a bit annoyed by this thing you're doing here, this "I kinda remember something that disproves what you're saying, but I can't really recall it at the moment, but I'm not going to believe you anyway" thing that you do with Russian collusion or Hunter Biden, it makes me feel like it would be a waste of my time to spend any effort at all trying to show you my information.

I gave up crossing the "i"s and dotting the "t"s about a year ago.
No matter what I said...
No matter the depth of research...
No matter the amount of evidence I presented...
It was simply dismissed. :roll:
What is the point *if* your intention is to change someone's mind?
I don't try to "enlighten" people, these days. 8)

That is why I stopped putting in the effort that I used to.
I often wonder why Brictoria does the hard yakka, not that it bothers me.

What annoys me is the pile on when "the gang" is protecting their own members, bugger the Truth. :roll:
Ignore the rational argument and just ridicule the person.
"Playing the man and not the ball" has been a problem here, for a very long time.
Very unautistic, imo. 8)

Now *that* is a first. 8O
I have never done a " :roll: " twice in one post before. :mrgreen:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 6:29 am

Brictoria wrote:
If the thread was created by the type of person who creates threads then asks moderators to close them when they don't head in the "required" direction, that would certainly be likely, but I don't imagine the OP for this thread would raise an issues with you doing so :)

You mean the fella who tried to shank me earlier with the attempted pile on, who then reported the post he quoted? Yeah, that's his M.O., has been for a while too, which I never could understand, it's kinda weaksauce. That being said, there's enough back and forth in this one that I wouldn't be surprised by a lock and clean up, though I think I managed to mostly keep on the ok side of the line. I do get a bit annoyed when lengthy posts of mine get caught up in those, I've lost thousands of words over the years that way, including a few lengthy essays in whole disappeared threads from the pre-2010 era.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 6:41 am

Brictoria wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
*sigh*

I'll properly litigate Russian collusion in it's own thread at the appropriate time, I get the feeling this one has a limited shelf life, and I don't want to put a bunch of time and effort into something only for it to get locked or deleted. It won't even be to change minds, at this point I'm in it for the scalps.

If the thread was created by the type of person who creates threads then asks moderators to close them when they don't head in the "required" direction, that would certainly be likely, but I don't imagine the OP for this thread would raise an issues with you doing so :)

That said, certain people with "power" may decide to surreptitiously remove posts as being "off topic" (or not to their personal liking), so a seperate thread may be wisest.

I agree with both points. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 6:45 am

Dox47 wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

You mean the fella who tried to shank me earlier with the attempted pile on, who then reported the post he quoted?

Yes.
He has a history of doing this. 8)

Shhh!
No names. :mrgreen:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 6:50 am

Pepe wrote:

No matter what I said...

What annoys me is the pile on when "the gang" is protecting their own members, bugger the Truth. :roll:
"Playing the man and not the ball" has been a problem here, for a very long time.
Very unautistic, imo. 8)

I call them fart sniffers, that's what they do, just sit around ripping 'em and sniffing 'em, right now the farts are mostly Orange Man (still) Bad, Hey Look at This Whacky Q person, and Check Out this Religious Nut, with the classic Republicans Bad and Democrats Good scents mixed in, but they change a little over time. They really never seem to get tired of it, it's like an endless Beavis and Butthead episode.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 7:02 am

Dox47 wrote:
Pepe wrote:

No matter what I said...

Very unautistic, imo. 8)

I call them fart sniffers, that's what they do, just sit around ripping 'em and sniffing 'em, right now the farts are mostly Orange Man (still) Bad, Hey Look at This Whacky Q person, and Check Out this Religious Nut, with the classic Republicans Bad and Democrats Good scents mixed in, but they change a little over time. They really never seem to get tired of it, it's like an endless Beavis and Butthead episode.

Autistic mental stimming, perhaps? :scratch: :mrgreen:

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 7:22 am

Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
This really goes off topic but the whole issue of potential collusion with Russia isn’t really resolved because key information has never been accessed and key witnesses stonewalled or lied. I don’t trust reporting in either side that treats it as resolved. Too many derivatives never investigated at all because of the successful stonewalling and congressional limitation of investigation scope. Claims of innocent only arise because it hasn’t been proven (and probably never will be). Claims of guilt lack reliable proof. The most honest reporting IMHO recognizes that.

Dox47 wrote:
This really is too far afield even for this train-wreck of a thread, but I have to admit I'm getting a bit annoyed by this thing you're doing here, this "I kinda remember something that disproves what you're saying, but I can't really recall it at the moment, but I'm not going to believe you anyway" thing that you do with Russian collusion or Hunter Biden, it makes me feel like it would be a waste of my time to spend any effort at all trying to show you my information.

No matter what I said...

Very unautistic, imo. 8)

It wasn't twice - I count 3 in the post :P

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 7:25 am

Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

Dox47 wrote:

No matter what I said...

Very unautistic, imo. 8)

It seems to me you are mixing two completely different beefs because while you quote a post of mine and a Dox47 response, you go into a complaint that really has nothing to do with either. I don’t think I was posting with you a year ago.

I know exactly the pattern I have that Dox47 was talking about and I can understand why it gets annoying and tries his patience. Not intentional, doesn’t involve any poster here besides myself, and it’s just the unique way I sometimes am, for better or for worse. I’ve been honest with owning it. Trying to make a broader board point out of that situation is misplaced.

Please don’t quote my posts to make a complaint that is truly unrelated. If you can’t keep your posters straight then don’t talk about them at all. Pretty simple. It’s why I don’t. I generally keep my observations confined to the posts in front of me.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 3:35 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

Dox47 wrote:

No matter what I said...

Very unautistic, imo. 8)

It wasn't twice - I count 3 in the post :P

D'oh! :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 3:47 pm

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet. 8O
Don't get me wrong, I am not in favour of it.
I am just surprised. :mrgreen:

Who is the OP of this thread, btw?
Rhetorical question with the intention of making a point. 8)

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 5:34 pm

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 5:36 pm

Quote:
The head electrician on the Rust movie set who held dying Halyna Hutchins in his arms has sued Alec Baldwin, rookie armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed and assistant director Dave Halls over 'severe emotional distress' after the fatal shooting and revealed that the scene did not call for Baldwin to fire the gun.

Serge Svetnoy filed the suit against the three crew members - as well as others, who remain unnamed - and claimed that their alleged negligence led to the shooting and put him in emotional turmoil.

Svetnoy alleged in the court documents that the bullet struck director Joel Souza, 48, and killed Hutchins, 42, nearly hit him, too, according to TMZ.

He also said that he was one of the first people to tend to Halyna while she was bleeding out and attempted to keep her conscious.

He told TMZ that he's suing Baldwin because he 'owed a duty to the Plaintiff and other crew members and actors on the "Rust" set to handle the Colt Revolver provided to him by Defendant Halls with reasonable care and diligence for the safety of "Rust" cast and crew'.

'This duty called for Defendant Baldwin to double-check the Colt Revolver with Halls upon being handled to ensure that it did not contain live ammonization,' he added in the court documents.

Svetnoy went on to claim that if Baldwin knew the gun was loaded with a real bullet, he had another duty to 'refrain from pointing it at anyone'.

In a bombshell line, the lawsuit also revealed that the scene Baldwin was doing did not call for him to pull the trigger. The script supposedly directed the actor to draw the gun and point it in the general direction of the camera.

However, 'the scene did not call for Defendant Baldwin to shoot the Colt Revolver,' the document stated.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10187909/Rust-electrician-held-dying-Hutchins-arms-sues-Baldwin-armorer-assistant-director.html

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 2:16 am

Quote:
George Clooney has ripped Alec Baldwin’s deadly shooting of the “Rust” cinematographer as “infuriating” and “insane” — insisting the star and his crew appeared to ignore decades-old safety rules used on every other set.

The veteran Hollywood star told Marc Maron’s “WTF” podcast that the death of 42-year-old cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was clearly the result of “a lot of stupid mistakes.”

“Maybe they weren’t even using that gun to do target practice, but they had live ammo with dummies,” Clooney raged of “all this s–t we’ve been seeing with all the Alec Baldwin stuff.”

“And that is insane. It’s insane. It’s infuriating,” insisted Clooney.

The “Ocean’s Eleven” star said that despite having “been on sets for 40 years,” he has never heard of some of the apparent safety measures Baldwin’s Western had used on the deadly set.

“First of all, I’ve never heard the term ‘cold gun,'” he said of the doomed safe word that Baldwin believed meant the Colt .45 he fired would not have live bullets.

“I’ve never heard that term. Literally, they’re just talking about stuff I’ve never heard of. It’s just infuriating,” he said.

Clooney, 60, also insisted that even after getting the all clear, every actor then takes additional steps to personally ensure the weapon is not loaded before they actually fire on set.

“Every single time I’m handed a gun on a set — every time — they hand me a gun, I look at it, I open it, I show it to the person I’m pointing it to, we show it to the crew,” he told Maron.

“Everyone does it. Everybody knows,” he said.

Source: https://nypost.com/2021/11/16/george-clooney-calls-alec-baldwins-rust-shooting-insane/

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 3:50 am

I do wonder if "Electronic Harassment" had something to do with the tragedy.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 4:06 am

Ireland Baldwin has come out supporting Travis Scott after the Astroworld crush

Ireland Baldwin compared the outrage over Travis Scott’s deadly Astroworld show to the reaction her famous father got following his fatal Rust shooting.

In an Instagram Stories tirade, the 26-year-old model defended Scott, blaming criticism of him on “misinformation” and “twisted cancel culture bulls**t”.

Hmmm so the right is trying to cancel Alec Baldwin? I thought they were against so-called cancel culture.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 4:41 am

cyberdad wrote:
Ireland Baldwin has come out supporting Travis Scott after the Astroworld crush

Ireland Baldwin compared the outrage over Travis Scott’s deadly Astroworld show to the reaction her famous father got following his fatal Rust shooting.

In an Instagram Stories tirade, the 26-year-old model defended Scott, blaming criticism of him on “misinformation” and “twisted cancel culture bulls**t”.

Hmmm so the right is trying to cancel Alec Baldwin? I thought they were against so-called cancel culture.

Goose/gander?
I don't know. 8)