Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 4:42 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I don't think he experienced guilt or remorse. He was too much of a narcissistic psychopath to feel sorry, and he wouldn't be able to "snap out of" psychopathy. We saw his illusions of grandeur on the police body cam and his casual, cocky demeanour again when he went camping with his family while Gabby lay abandoned in Wyoming. (May she rest in peace).

Assuming this monster did take his own life, I think it's because he was afraid of being caught and imprisoned. Narcissists fear being outsmarted. They feel so strongly they are innocent, they believe justice would be unfair and intolerable.

I blame Moab police and North Port Florida police for enabling Brian and letting him go free .... three times. They let him free once in Utah in contradiction of Domestic Violence law, they failed to let Gabby's mother report her missing when she first sought help, and they allowed Laundrie to escape from his parents' home after Gabby was reported missing. He was supposed to be under surveillance, or taken into protective custody for questioning. Those agencies are responsible for this miscarriage of justice, and for their sheer incompetence at protecting victims' rights.

Brian's ability to escape and commit suicide / die by misadventure deprives the Petito / Schmidt families of ever knowing the truth. It deprives them of justice. It also allows the Laundrie parents to go free without recourse for aiding and abetting a murderer.

There are psychopaths in this world, and that's nothing new. People have murdered since the beginning of time. The police are entrusted to protect citizens from violence, and to follow the law. They didn't.

They dropped the ball, as they did many times for me, and it makes me sick.

Systemic reform is necessary worldwide or else all the public education about domestic abuse is for nought.

Rest in peace Gabby.

https://gabbypetitofoundation.org/

I also do not understand how he was given so much time to just go off and disappear, like wouldn't have been super suspicious he was the one she was with, and when he returned without her something was amiss. Just seems like a failing that he was not taken into custody sooner...he was the one she was with, came back without her like how much more obvious could it have been that he was the reason she did not come back.

You don't just go an a trip with your fiancé and return without her...or vice versa with no explanation, like did his parents not wonder where the fiance was...and they really thought they could just help him hide it and not tell the authorities. Just seem they were probably involved at least in the not reporting suspicious activity like their son just returning without the person he was supposedly going to marry.

And not only did they drop the ball, the one time they could have intervened they decided she was the abusive one, even though sure she did say he didn't hit her exactly, but did say he like aggressively grabbed her but even with that they concluded if anything she should be charged for assualt..and she didn't even say he didn't hit her 'she said 'like well he didn't exactly hit' but from there it seemed she did describe some other potential abuse like him grabbing her agressively but yet she is the abuser when the places he had 'wounds' did seem more in the place where if someone grabbed you aggressively you might hit or claw a to get them off...I guess I just don't see how those cops missed that.' LIke idk to me it did not look like what you'd get from simply shoving off an aggressive person, looked more like what the aggressive person would get from the person trying to get away from them. Idk its kind of like those cops like sealed her death sentence and gave the guy a pass to do it.

Seems nowadays all the purpose cops have is to show grave incompetence or murdering people usually of minorities.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 5:49 am

why can't america have better cops?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 5:58 am

There's also Angela Tramonte who's death remains a mystery?

The man responsible for her death - Arizona Pheonix police officer Dario Dizdar is suspected of having something to do with her murder

This problem seems to be world wide - young English woman Sarah Everehard never had a chance - the police officer Constable Wayne Couzens stopped her and forced her into his car before murdering her.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 10:15 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
And not only did they drop the ball, the one time they could have intervened they decided she was the abusive one, even though sure she did say he didn't hit her exactly, but did say he like aggressively grabbed her but even with that they concluded if anything she should be charged for assualt..and she didn't even say he didn't hit her 'she said 'like well he didn't exactly hit' but from there it seemed she did describe some other potential abuse like him grabbing her agressively but yet she is the abuser when the places he had 'wounds' did seem more in the place where if someone grabbed you aggressively you might hit or claw a to get them off...I guess I just don't see how those cops missed that.' LIke idk to me it did not look like what you'd get from simply shoving off an aggressive person, looked more like what the aggressive person would get from the person trying to get away from them. Idk its kind of like those cops like sealed her death sentence and gave the guy a pass to do it.

Image Image

I don't see any evidence that he is injured at the beginning of the police stop.

The picture on the left is taken by body cam when the psychopath is first pulled over by police. Notice his face and right eye appear fine. His face is also fine on another body cam when Gabby is still in the van, while he is speaking to an officer through the passenger side window. That view makes the right side of his face clearly visible on camera.

Gabby exits the van first.

Police ask the psycho to exit Gabby's van second, but they leave him unsupervised momentarily. He takes longer than necessary to exit the van, but when he reappears he has these two obvious scratches on the right side of his face. They appear out of nowhere in the second picture. He was right handed. In my opinion those scratches are self-inflicted by his own right hand.

How would Gabby be able to claw the right side of his face at that angle if she were facing him, or if she was beside him in the van? She was right handed: this was shown when she handled her phone. Try it yourself -- it's very awkward to scratch the right side of someone else's face with two fingers from your right hand. It's much easier to scratch yourself that way.

BL admits to having wire in the van, and he admits something about accidentally cutting his hand with wire.

He is the primary aggressor because he was stealing Gabby's phone, her van, her backpack (wallet), and forcing her to climb in the window of her own vehicle in self-defence. He also uttered threats by saying he was going to abandon her in the wild without money, a telephone, transportation, or shelter. BL had deprived Gabby of water all day, with ridicule, by saying she wasn't allowed to drink from plastic water bottles. She was dehydrated and defenceless when he began this attack. That's why she is so eager to accept water from the police, but he doesn't take any for himself.

He was a cold-blooded liar, a narcissist, and a psychopath.

There's no way he felt guilt or remorse for this crime.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 5:21 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Image Image

I don't see any evidence that he is injured at the beginning of the police stop.

The picture on the left is taken by body cam when the psychopath is first pulled over by police. Notice his face and right eye appear fine. His face is also fine on another body cam when Gabby is still in the van, while he is speaking to an officer through the passenger side window. That view makes the right side of his face clearly visible on camera.

Gabby exits the van first.

Police ask the psycho to exit Gabby's van second, but they leave him unsupervised momentarily. He takes longer than necessary to exit the van, but when he reappears he has these two obvious scratches on the right side of his face. They appear out of nowhere in the second picture. He was right handed. In my opinion those scratches are self-inflicted by his own right hand.

How would Gabby be able to claw the right side of his face at that angle if she were facing him, or if she was beside him in the van? She was right handed: this was shown when she handled her phone. Try it yourself -- it's very awkward to scratch the right side of someone else's face with two fingers from your right hand. It's much easier to scratch yourself that way.

BL admits to having wire in the van, and he admits something about accidentally cutting his hand with wire.

He is the primary aggressor because he was stealing Gabby's phone, her van, her backpack (wallet), and forcing her to climb in the window of her own vehicle in self-defence. He also uttered threats by saying he was going to abandon her in the wild without money, a telephone, transportation, or shelter. BL had deprived Gabby of water all day, with ridicule, by saying she wasn't allowed to drink from plastic water bottles. She was dehydrated and defenceless when he began this attack. That's why she is so eager to accept water from the police, but he doesn't take any for himself.

He was a cold-blooded liar, a narcissist, and a psychopath.

There's no way he felt guilt or remorse for this crime.

I was thinking more of the arm scratches the police where questioning him about, like I figure he was being aggressive and she was trying to push him away from her. But he lied and said, she was coming at him and all he did was push her away. And I didn't think the arm scratches matched up to that claim but they just took his word for it.

Idk just over-all it seemed obvious at the very least she was distressed and he seemed just fine...which would not make sense if he had been the one being abused, that by itself should have been enough, for them to realize he was the aggressor. I guess it just makes me wonder if there is any chance she would have opened up more that he was a danger to her if the police hadn't tried to place the blame on her. Hence why the cops should have followed the protocol and actually separated them. Also, to me the worst part was at the end when the police asked them both what they'd like to say to the other person before parting ways for the night. She told them to remind him to get his phone charger...just really sad she cared about him, and well we can see how he felt about her. The poor woman deserved better for sure.

So yeah, I agree with you, that he was not likely to have been remorseful, probably just once he realized he couldn't get away with it decided he'd rather commit suicide than answer for his crime.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 6:21 pm

At this point, all we can do is speculate beyond the fact that two people are dead under suspicious circumstances.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 6:35 pm

Sweetleaf,

Yeah I agree about the arm scratches. She had already explained that he was stealing her phone and her van and threatening to abandon her on the road. He was both the dominant and the primary aggressor.

A dominant aggressor is the person who controls or dominates the other person.
A primary aggressor is the person who poses the most serious, ongoing threat.

He threatened to rob her and abandon her, two crimes he actually accomplished by returning home with her van, helping himself to her money, and leaving her in WY whether she was alive or dead. By this we know his earlier threats were serious.

It's a dereliction of duty that the cops didn't protect her, and they gaslighted her for attempting self-defence.

I hope they're all fired and they stand trial for obstruction of justice. The Utah criminal code says someone must be arrested in all DV calls. There needs to be an inquiry into their incompetence, and I hope this becomes a training lesson for LE about domestic violence, as well as narcissist abuse and trauma bonds.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 7:28 pm

Something was off for sure.I wish the cops had intervened and separated them.
He was an awful person but now his family is also burying a child so no winners here.
He would probably was a narcissist and not a psychopath.Psychopaths rarely commit suicide.Manson lived to a ripe old age.
I’ve had meltdowns where I could have tossed an object and really hurt someone, not on purpose.I would feel terrible if I accidentally killed someone.It’s hard to wrap my mind around someone who wouldn’t.Even though I know they exist.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 7:43 pm

I do feel badly for the parents, regardless of how they may have helped their son.

Those protestors are disgusting, shouting that they hope he burns in hell.

That's bloody horrific! People need to get a life.

The story is tragic on so many levels.

I've taken it really personally because I've been treated like that by cops when I sought help. The flashbacks are overwhelming at times. The system is rotten from police to lawyers to judges and family services and I just hope that some awareness comes of this, in whatever way possible.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 8:04 pm

How she was buried would tell a lot about his mindset.Was she just dumped in the ground and covered up to hide the body ,or did he wrap her in a blanket, straighten her clothes,etc…
It seems like a spur of the moment rage attack, otherwise he would have planned it and pushed her off a cliff.People fall off those all the time in wilderness areas.About one a year here.
I think the parents found a suicide note, that’s how they knew where the body was.Just a guess.Only they know.
The cops are almost useless here if there’s a domestic.Once I tried to call for help and no one answered the phone at the Sheriff’s office.This was before we got 911.Another woman called for help and they did show up and arrest the man.Then arrested her her for marijuana and paraphernalia.If you think you’re going to go to jail ,you’re less likely to call the police for help.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 5:40 pm

https://www.wfla.com/news/sarasota-coun ... sappeared/

Now I've read everything.

The police mistook Mrs Laundrie for Brian when he was supposed to be under surveillance at home.

Apparently they look alike and have the same build?! WTF :scratch:

I doubt NP police ever did see him when he went back to Florida. There's no proof they even talked to him.

If this investigation were a Netflix movie I would have shut it off a long time ago, because it's so bloody unbelievable.

Image Image

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 2:06 pm

Brian Laundrie autopsy shows he died by suicide, attorney says

Quote:
Brian Laundrie died by suicide from a gunshot wound to the head, an attorney for the Laundrie family told CNN on Tuesday.

"Chris and Roberta Laundrie have been informed that the cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head and the manner of death was suicide," said attorney Steven Bertolino

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 2:10 pm

Quote:
Brian Laundrie died by suicide from a gunshot wound to the head ...
The bloody coward.

:evil:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 5:20 pm

Too bad he didn't do it before abusing, terrifying, and murdering Gabby.

Please support her family's foundation to support all DV and relationship abuse survivors, or to seek help and resources for yourself if you're in a difficult situation. They're amazing people. I'm astounded by their composure and their willingness to help others - men, women, children, and all the forgotten missing people / cold case files around America.

https://gabbypetitofoundation.org/

I received my hoodie and it's wonderfully warm and soft. :heart:

#justiceforgabby

Last edited by IsabellaLinton on 23 Nov 2021, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 5:25 pm

Fnord wrote:
Quote:
Brian Laundrie died by suicide from a gunshot wound to the head ...
The bloody coward.

:evil:

I concur. :evil:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 5:44 pm

From CNN:

"Bertolino said in October that Laundrie's parents had discussed the possibility that their son had died by suicide 'several times' ".

Wow -- he committed suicide several times?! Even better! :P :wink: :roll: