Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 8:12 pm

Pepe wrote:
Tross wrote:
The US political scene has become increasingly dumb since the orange ape has been in office. It's as if every department has lost its collective mind. The "wall" had to have been the dumbest idea ever, and a complete waste of taxpayer dollars. Everyone knows that immigration fraud (staying after one's legally issued visa has expired) is the leading method of ending up in the US illegally. Moreover, this "wall" isn't even a wall. It's a fence, and it's not even the greatest fence I've ever seen.

But sure, the Department of Homeland Security can waste more taxpayer dollars to make a stupid point that the US should waste taxpayer dollars on a project that wouldn't amount to much. I'm glad I don't live in that country.

The Israelis built a wall also.

I am not defending that.
Just making an observation. 8)
Yeah, an actual wall. They also had a plan to go with that wall.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 8:40 pm

so did the GDR and my friend Tom when he built his house. They all build walls to keep people in or out. Different situations, different contexts.
Israel's border wall is very different from Trump's, very different from the Berlin Wall, and they are all different from my friend Tom's house, which really has an awful lot of walls, come to think of it

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 9:37 pm

shlaifu wrote:
so did the GDR and my friend Tom when he built his house. They all build walls to keep people in or out. Different situations, different contexts.
Israel's border wall is very different from Trump's, very different from the Berlin Wall, and they are all different from my friend Tom's house, which really has an awful lot of walls, come to think of it
Well, one would hope that Tom's house has walls, or that would be problematic. Hopefully he went with some actual walls, not just some dumb fence, or he'd have a rough time in monsoon season.