Good article.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.busine ... 18-3%3famp

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 1:31 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Is DMT the same thing as "ecstacy"?

They're both serotonergic drugs but DMT isn't very closely related to MDMA (ecstasy, molly, etc).

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 1:54 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Lol at comparing DMT to meth or cocaine.

DMT is called “the spirit molecule,” for a reason. It facilitates interactions with gods and entities in the other realm. More real world experience vs reading fiction about it.

Science some up and scientific method study your trip.

Fwiw, I’ve yet to do it - but I will sometime.

I dont believe in anything supernatural. The drug sounds like a LSD or some other hallucinogen to me plain and simple.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 2:09 pm

Axeman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Axeman wrote:
DuckHairback wrote:
Axeman wrote:

Drugs over books?

Why choose? Both can be mind-altering. Both can be dangerous...

I don't share the NT view that intoxication is fun or hip.

Since when was that an inherently NT view? :scratch:

I still remember my college days being considered odd and anti social because I wanted to read and study rather than smoke weed and get drunk all the time. I mean it's college isn't reading and studying what you should be doing?

It's for learning, but not everyone's there with the same learning priorities. That isn't limited to NTs though, NDs aren't all the same. For some people learning how to socialize better probably makes sense as a priority so long as they don't fixate too heavily on it.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 3:53 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Read books about drugs. :lol: Problem solved.
I like both books and weed.Wouldn't mind some shrooms or good acid right now for the fall colors.
I hope to try peyote one day.

I started reading the book “The Spirit Molecule.” It’s written by an MD that studied DMT.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 3:57 pm

Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

DMT is called “the spirit molecule,” for a reason. It facilitates interactions with gods and entities in the other realm. More real world experience vs reading fiction about it.

I dont believe in anything supernatural. The drug sounds like a LSD or some other hallucinogen to me plain and simple.

It’s not “supernatural,” aka science fiction, if it’s real.

It’s about the most potent psychedelic known to man. The only thing stronger is another variant of it.

And it’s not some bathtub meth type stuff, either. It’s naturally occurring in our own brains and ~all plants and animals. It’s simply extracted from plants that have high concentrations of it.

It’s said that it’s released in our brains in small doses when we go to sleep and is what’s responsible for vivid dreams, and then in one big mega-dose when we’re near death - hypothesized to be responsible for “seeing the light,” or “light tunnel,” and having one’s life flash before their eyes etc as well as for Near Death Experiences.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 3:59 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Axeman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Axeman wrote:
DuckHairback wrote:
Axeman wrote:

Drugs over books?

Why choose? Both can be mind-altering. Both can be dangerous...

I don't share the NT view that intoxication is fun or hip.

Since when was that an inherently NT view? :scratch:

I still remember my college days being considered odd and anti social because I wanted to read and study rather than smoke weed and get drunk all the time. I mean it's college isn't reading and studying what you should be doing?

It's for learning, but not everyone's there with the same learning priorities. That isn't limited to NTs though, NDs aren't all the same. For some people learning how to socialize better probably makes sense as a priority so long as they don't fixate too heavily on it.

I’ve read that low dose MDMA has been used therapeutically to facilitate social learning for some on the spectrum. Makes sense, considering it’s effects.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 5:08 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

It’s not “supernatural,” aka science fiction, if it’s real.

It’s about the most potent psychedelic known to man. The only thing stronger is another variant of it.

And it’s not some bathtub meth type stuff, either. It’s naturally occurring in our own brains and ~all plants and animals. It’s simply extracted from plants that have high concentrations of it.

It’s said that it’s released in our brains in small doses when we go to sleep and is what’s responsible for vivid dreams, and then in one big mega-dose when we’re near death - hypothesized to be responsible for “seeing the light,” or “light tunnel,” and having one’s life flash before their eyes etc as well as for Near Death Experiences.

The only reason I'm not for the illegality of drugs is the same as the reasons I'm not for the illegality of prostitution. Because the laws are ineffective, inefficient, and in the US probably unconstitutional, and do nothing to stop it. I'm not in favor of either one however.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 5:10 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
I’ve read that low dose MDMA has been used therapeutically to facilitate social learning for some on the spectrum. Makes sense, considering it’s effects.

That doesn't surprise me. It's helped me level up before. :nerdy:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 5:59 pm

Ok this has gotten way off topic. Reasons I recommend Dante's Divine Comedy are it's historical importance, the fact that it forms much of how heaven, purgatory, and hell are viewed in the popular imagination, and the fact that it's a great read.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 6:41 pm

Axeman wrote:
Ok this has gotten way off topic. Reasons I recommend Dante's Divine Comedy are it's historical importance, the fact that it forms much of how heaven, purgatory, and hell are viewed in the popular imagination, and the fact that it's a great read.

It's interesting how much of a role medieval fan fiction has played a role in defining how western Christians tend to view and understand their faith and it is one of the best examples of that.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 7:12 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Axeman wrote:

It's interesting how much of a role medieval fan fiction has played a role in defining how western Christians tend to view and understand their faith and it is one of the best examples of that.

Exactly.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 11:34 am

Axeman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Axeman wrote:

Exactly.

But what if interacting with gods and entities on their turf, that have existed since before the concept of time, helped play an even bigger role in understanding modern human religion(s)?

I’m not saying be lazy and watch the movie with your third eye instead of reading a book. I’m just saying why not go directly to the source to learn and see how well it aligns with the imagination of one human fiction writer ?

Maaaaybe you’d learn so much more that the book becomes virtually meaningless, OR maybe you’d learn that Reality aligns so we’ll with the book that you realize the author tapped into the great beyond on his own inter dimensional trips before/while writing said “fiction.”

To best year this hypothesis, it’s probably best that someone who hasn’t read the book goes to the other side for a bit and comes back with a trip report tp compare with someone who has read the book. This way there’s no chance that a trip can be said to have been influenced by having previously read the book. I have not read the book.. heh

Aside: I was about to show a friend a photo of the interior of an ancient temple in Sri Lanka that’s said to mirror temples in the DMT realm - basically, people say that ancient religious people were blasting off on DMT and experiencing the other realm, returning and building their temples as tributes to the true “gods.” My friend refused to look at the image so as not to taint any possible future DMT experience so that he can experience visuals uni flue card and then compare to images known to man later. Makes sense. Same same concept above.

Edit: Trying the spoiler tag for the first time to post the image of the temple in Sri Lanka that’s said to mirror the temple(s) seen on the other side:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Edit: Strange, I followed the formatting google indicated. Doesn’t work.

Last edited by Cornflake on 06 Nov 2021, 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.: Just to note: irritatingly, the spoiler tags are spoil and /spoil

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 2:11 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Axeman wrote:

Exactly.

But what if interacting with gods and entities on their turf, that have existed since before the concept of time, helped play an even bigger role in understanding modern human religion(s)?

I’m not saying be lazy and watch the movie with your third eye instead of reading a book. I’m just saying why not go directly to the source to learn and see how well it aligns with the imagination of one human fiction writer ?

Maaaaybe you’d learn so much more that the book becomes virtually meaningless, OR maybe you’d learn that Reality aligns so we’ll with the book that you realize the author tapped into the great beyond on his own inter dimensional trips before/while writing said “fiction.”

To best year this hypothesis, it’s probably best that someone who hasn’t read the book goes to the other side for a bit and comes back with a trip report tp compare with someone who has read the book. This way there’s no chance that a trip can be said to have been influenced by having previously read the book. I have not read the book.. heh

Aside: I was about to show a friend a photo of the interior of an ancient temple in Sri Lanka that’s said to mirror temples in the DMT realm - basically, people say that ancient religious people were blasting off on DMT and experiencing the other realm, returning and building their temples as tributes to the true “gods.” My friend refused to look at the image so as not to taint any possible future DMT experience so that he can experience visuals uni flue card and then compare to images known to man later. Makes sense. Same same concept above.

Edit: Trying the spoiler tag for the first time to post the image of the temple in Sri Lanka that’s said to mirror the temple(s) seen on the other side:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

That art is very impressive, but what part on I'm atheist do you not get?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 2:33 pm

Axeman wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Axeman wrote:

Exactly.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

That art is very impressive, but what part on I'm atheist do you not get?

I’ve read several accounts of atheists changing their minds after experiencing DMT for the first time. I guess seeing is believing and once you know, you know.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 2:36 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
I’ve read several accounts of atheists changing their minds after experiencing DMT for the first time. I guess seeing is believing and once you know, you know.

Still atheist. 8)

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う