Are any members of WP professional System Administrators?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 4:00 pm

Are any members of WP professional System Administrators?

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 4:01 pm

Used to be

/Mats

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 3:21 pm

mohsart wrote:
Used to be

/Mats

@mohsart

Did you use any shell automation scripts as part of your job?

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 12:38 am

Sure.
It was a while ago so I don't remember everything, but at least I set up some start/stop scripts (init/rc) and I made a crude alarm system that would eg page me if the disks were getting close to full etc.

/Mats

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 2:05 am

It depends what the company need you to do, some Sys Admin jobs require scripting others are basic general monitoring s**t. I used to work for an international logistics firm that needed lots of stuff, every day was a new challenge cause stuff kept changing/breaking all the time. I was even doing the work of a network tech at one point, it's best to just learn a few things in advance so you can deal with a shitstorm as it comes. I wouldn't recommend Sys Admin in logistics though, scanning machines are a nightmare, especially when half the workers can't be bothered to log out and crash the servers then the CEO is screaming at you because the workers are too dumb.