I'm confused by people's reactions to masks now...

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 6:20 pm

Yes, I had a breakthrough case of Covid despite being vaccinated, but I have no fever, symptoms, etc and it's been enough days so I'm free...

I go downstairs with a mask just in case and some random guy that looked like he was just bringing random ice cream to someone, he was unmasked, saw me and immediately assumed like I was sick, was covering his mouth with his shirt, etc...

I go outside and take my mask off... An unmasked lady happily comes up to me showing off her dog...

Ummmmm.......... I guess they assume the masked people are the unvaccinated so are to be avoided? But I know a lot of people around here are unvaccinated but don't wear a mask (thinking of one person in particular if you read my post in members-only)

I mean.... Now people think the unmasked people are safe to approach and the masked are to be avoided???

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 9:18 am

The person who covered his mouth occurred when you were both indoors. The lady walking her her dog occurred when you were both outside. COVID spreads more easily indoors because is no wind to disperse it and less place for it to go. Maybe that was it or maybe the guy you met downstairs is more cautious then the woman.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 10:16 pm

Anyway feel free again, lol!

No symptoms, no fever (I actually never got one) been quarantined long enough per CDC guidelines for breakthrough cases... But the weather turned yucky, bleck... Lol

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Ollywog
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Oct 2021, 10:40 pm

It could also be that the man saw you wearing a mask and decided it would be polite to cover his face, too, when near you.