Kids’ Medical Records May Hold Clues To Autism Screening

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 6:51 am

Disability Scoop

Quote:
By analyzing the diagnostic codes present in a child’s existing medical records, researchers say they can reliably identify those most likely to qualify for a diagnosis on the spectrum.

By analyzing the diagnostic codes present in a child’s existing medical records, researchers say they can reliably identify those most likely to qualify for a diagnosis on the spectrum.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 7:47 am

The UK NHS was preparing to whole genome sequence every newborn in the UK back in 2019.

COVID put a pause to that but when they do they’ll be able to pick up the % of kids with the genes for autism.

It’s not perfect as diagnostic genes have been picked up in only around 25% of autism cases but it’s a start.

No doubt those babies tested positive will be started on that new iBass therapy reported on last month

- George Bernie Shaw

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 3:50 pm

I thought they already did this? Unless all those doctors were ahead of their times.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.