Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 3:36 pm

I have Disney + which means I have access to the movie "Aladdin" which I watched last weekend. Last night, I re-watched "The Return of Jafar," which I grew up with back in the day. As someone who is an adult, everything about that movie was terrible and here is why:

1. Disney slopped it together too soon after releasing the vhs - though the series followed not too soon after and there were some things explained.

2. The animation was sloppy

3. The plot was rushed and made no sense -

A. Disney did not take their time to write about what Jafar getting use to being a Genie
B A genie doesn't control their master, the master controls the genie. As evil as Jafar was, one would thing that come celestial force would have stripped him of his powers or thrown him into some abyss for being evil. Instead, the creators seemed to draw similar ideas from the third Lord of the Rings book, when it came to defeating Jafar
C. The songs were also poorly written and sung

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 3:45 pm

Sequels always have the problem of trying to be better than the original...most utterly fail.

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 3:48 pm

When I was a kid I actually really loved it because of satan-jafar-genie. But I watched it again when I was older and... yeah. Bad.
I thought the next one, the King of Thieves, was actually pretty decent.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 3:54 pm

That was one of the first videos we rented when I was a kid. I remember being disappointed with it too. It's really badly drawn. Even as a young-un I was put off by the amount of lying Aladdin does and has to redeem himself for.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 3:56 pm

That is exactly what I thought " Satan-Jafar," which was probably a pretty good reference to how evil he really was. However, if I written his part, I would not have had him so controlling to the point of dictator. Rather, I would have had him try to run the show but failed every time. If he did try to kill anyone, I would have let a celestial being come and strip him of his powers or throw into the abyss.

That said, the only thing that really worked out for the movie was Iago's part. Him getting away from Jafar good.

Otherwise, it was bad.