Page 44 of 45 [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:16 pm

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I hope Rittenhouse learned his lesson---and never plays the ass again.

But outside of wishful thinking, do you believe there's even a slight possibility of that? Folks who are gloating rarely learn lessons from their actions.

Agreed, but you do realise that comment applies to the people who were gloating that Rittenhouse was going to have a very difficult time in the prison system, right?
They will now be gloating that vigilantes will get him, in all probability, based on previous examples of behaviour. 8)

I'd argue those people are demonstrating that they've learned the lesson here, that certain types of vigilante violence will be condoned. They're just engaging in wishful thinking that something they'd consider to resemble justice will occur.

I'm a little confused.
Which vigilantes are you referring to?
Those protecting property?
Or the "vigilantes" of social justice?

The killer is the vigilante I'm referring to.

Pepe wrote:
BTW, Isn't destroying property what protesters do, as a default, these days? :scratch:

No, that's just how some reporting insists on framing things. I'm not suggesting that other media doesn't also have biases in it's reporting, just that their biases don't make other highly biased reporting any more trustworthy.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:20 pm

Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
No kudos for being imaginative?

I'd be more charitably inclined if he didn't regularly post the same rant down in PPR, with slightly different flavor each time. He needs some new material, this bit is getting stale.

I wish he would stop attacking people. 8)

"TEE HEE OMG IKR LOL"

Look, you're all pretty, you all get to go to the prom, and the mirror is big enough for all of you.

So wait, am I imaginative, or am I stale? Or was it "unhinged"? Can something be unhinged AND stale?

Tell me again how I'm wrong for calling y'all out for trash talk?

S"not like you read anything I write anyways. Far easier to just copy paste the same variations of "what you write is stupid!" over and over again. Cos that totally never gets stale. Cos that's really all you ever say - "you're dumb and what you wrote is dumb!" - with a few minor changes to words here and there - "deranged, unhinged, *autistic screaming* (super classy btw - if it was an actual autistic episode, congrats, you mocked an actual autistic symptom, good for you) - but it's still just variations on the theme of "DONT LISTEN TO HIM!! !"

I'm sorry, WHO needs new material?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:20 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
We don't know yet.

At the end of trial, the judge did not allow the prosecutor to bring in lesser charges for Rosenbaum.

The prosecutor could go round #2, and charge Rittenhouse with lesser charges.

Nope, double jeopardy, doesn't work that way. The feds could try something because of dual sovereigns, but I don't think they would, it would be political suicide for the Biden administration, and they're already on life support as it is.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:22 pm

uncommondenominator wrote:

So wait, am I imaginative, or am I stale? Or was it "unhinged"? Can something be unhinged AND stale?

Yes.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:23 pm

Dox47 wrote:

Yes.

Thanks Groucho. That joke is older than you are.

Setting the bar extra low today, are we?

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:26 pm

Dox47 wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
We don't know yet.

At the end of trial, the judge did not allow the prosecutor to bring in lesser charges for Rosenbaum.

Nope, double jeopardy, doesn't work that way. The feds could try something because of dual sovereigns, but I don't think they would, it would be political suicide for the Biden administration, and they're already on life support as it is.

It's not *double jeopardy*, because they're technically different charges (crimes).

Double jeopardy rule says someone cannot be tried twice for the same crime.

Be the hero of your life.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:28 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Pepe wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
I think the best evidence is the drone video of the Rosenbaum killing.

Rosenbaum is not even in arm's distance of Rittenhouse when the first shot occurs.

Rosenbaum never had a chance to grab the rifle.

It's hard to tell, however, it doesn't even appear Rosenbaum tried to get the rifle.

However, it does appear Rosenbaum might of had his arms extended, and he's running at Rittenhouse.

The video then shows for the next three shots, Rosenbaum is falling several feet away, Rittenhouse lowering his rifle
towards the ground, and executing Rosenbaum.

Of course, I am watching it in slow motion, like the jury requested.

Start Time 2:22:06 watch in slow motion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSJb9y6BIao

Obviously, the jury had a different opinion to you.

BTW, I posted a picture where at least 2 people were attacking Rittenhouse.
It seemed to be a mob-attack/chase.

We don't know yet.

The pictures I posted show at least 2 people attacking Rittenhouse.
Based on what others have said, there were many more chasing him.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:30 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
No, that's just how some reporting insists on framing things. I'm not suggesting that other media doesn't also have biases in it's reporting, just that their biases don't make other highly biased reporting any more trustworthy.

I saw CHAZ/CHOP with my own eyes last year, and while I'm sure right leaning media exaggerated some things, my city was in fact occupied (by people carrying rifles no less, which I'm told the left has an issue with), and the destruction, not to mention the murders and other crimes, were very real. Strangely, the shooting of two black teens, killing one of them by CHAZ "security" (still unsolved) didn't receive a fraction of the attention the Rittenhouse incident did, quite a curious omission from the narrative last year.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:31 pm

Pepe wrote:

No point in rehashing the events.

However, the prosecutor was in court saying he has video evidence of Rittenhouse pointing his rifle at people walking around, surely he should charge him with that crime? Right?

Be the hero of your life.

Last edited by TheRobotLives on 19 Nov 2021, 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:31 pm

Pepe wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
No kudos for being imaginative?

I'd be more charitably inclined if he didn't regularly post the same rant down in PPR, with slightly different flavor each time. He needs some new material, this bit is getting stale.

I wish he would stop attacking people. 8)

"TEE HEE OMG IKR LOL"

Look, you're all pretty, you all get to go to the prom, and the mirror is big enough for all of you.

Tell me again how I'm wrong for calling y'all out for trash talk?

S"not like you read anything I write anyways. Far easier to just copy paste the same variations of "what you write is stupid!" over and over again. Cos that totally never gets stale. Cos that's really all you ever say - "you're dumb and what you wrote is dumb!" - with a few minor changes to words here and there - "deranged, unhinged, *autistic screaming* (super classy btw - if it was an actual autistic episode, congrats, you mocked an actual autistic symptom, good for you) - but it's still just variations on the theme of "DONT LISTEN TO HIM!! !"

I'm sorry, WHO needs new material?

Yes, you are improving your image, here. :mrgreen:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:32 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
It's not *double jeopardy*, because they're technically different charges (crimes).

Included offenses are in fact covered by double jeopardy:

Quote:
Double jeopardy prohibits different prosecutions for the same offense. This rule can come into play when the government brings a charge against someone for an incident, then prosecutes that person again for the same incident, only with a different charge. In that kind of situation, if each charge doesn't require that the prosecution prove at least one additional fact that the other doesn't, then the charges constitute the same offense under double jeopardy law. Here's an example showing how that rule works:

A man was convicted of joyriding, the elements of which were taking or operating a vehicle without the owner's consent. Later, the government charged him with auto theft, which consisted of joyriding while intending to permanently deprive the owner of the vehicle. To prove joyriding, a prosecutor wouldn't have had to prove anything more than what's required to prove auto theft. (Joyriding was a "lesser included" offense of auto theft.) Joyriding and auto theft therefore represented the same offense, and the auto theft prosecution violated the double jeopardy principle. (Brown v. Ohio, 432 U.S. 161 (1977).)

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia ... pardy.html

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:35 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Pepe wrote:

No point in rehashing the events.

However, the prosecutor was in court saying he has video evidence of Rittenhouse pointing is rifle at people walking around, surely he should charge him with that crime? Right?

Words mean nothing.
Evidence is what is relevant.
Did he actually produce convincing evidence or some ambiguous video clip/still? 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:37 pm

Dox47 wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:

Included offenses are in fact covered by double jeopardy:

Quote:
Double jeopardy prohibits different prosecutions for the same offense. This rule can come into play when the government brings a charge against someone for an incident, then prosecutes that person again for the same incident, only with a different charge. In that kind of situation, if each charge doesn't require that the prosecution prove at least one additional fact that the other doesn't, then the charges constitute the same offense under double jeopardy law. Here's an example showing how that rule works:

A man was convicted of joyriding, the elements of which were taking or operating a vehicle without the owner's consent. Later, the government charged him with auto theft, which consisted of joyriding while intending to permanently deprive the owner of the vehicle. To prove joyriding, a prosecutor wouldn't have had to prove anything more than what's required to prove auto theft. (Joyriding was a "lesser included" offense of auto theft.) Joyriding and auto theft therefore represented the same offense, and the auto theft prosecution violated the double jeopardy principle. (Brown v. Ohio, 432 U.S. 161 (1977).)

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia ... pardy.html

After being on WP, I think I might be ready to do my legal exams. :mrgreen:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:38 pm

Pepe wrote:
Yes, you are improving your image, here. :mrgreen:

I'm living rent free in his head, lol, you can tell by how frequently he mentions things I said months ago to people who aren't him.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:40 pm

Dox47 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I saw CHAZ/CHOP with my own eyes last year, and while I'm sure right leaning media exaggerated some things, my city was in fact occupied (by people carrying rifles no less, which I'm told the left has an issue with), and the destruction, not to mention the murders and other crimes, were very real. Strangely, the shooting of two black teens, killing one of them by CHAZ "security" (still unsolved) didn't receive a fraction of the attention the Rittenhouse incident did, quite a curious omission from the narrative last year.

Some people are interested in determining the Truth.
Others are focused on adhering to a narrative (when it suits them), yes. 8)

Last edited by Pepe on 19 Nov 2021, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:42 pm

Mega-thread on Twitter showing the media malpractice that went on with this case from the beginning:

https://twitter.com/DrewHolden360/statu ... 0113280009