Page 1 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 9:35 pm

This isn't a "who has it worse?" discussion, it's about all men, whichever neurology, when it comes to babies.

Men don't have to go through all the pain, discomfort and uncertainty of carrying the baby or giving birth. They can just enjoy their baby when it arrives.

If I was a guy and I was in a stable relationship, I would be a dad by now. But because I'm a woman, my fears and anxieties are too overwhelming and hold me back from having children. I can't even have a PAP test without crying out in sheer agony, so god only knows how painful it will be to get a baby's head out of there. I'd probably die from shock of the pain.

I once saw a meme that I really related to. It said something like
"I want a baby but I don't want to go through all the pregnancy and birth, but I don't want to adopt either, can you see my predicament?"
"Basically you want to be a father."

And that meme is 100% relatable for me.

Why can't humans lay eggs that come out when in a size that's small enough to pass without much pain, and then they hatch when ready? So many things can go wrong during a human pregnancy, and some complications can be life-threatening.

Last edited by magz on 28 Oct 2021, 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.: Changed the title to clarify the topic

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 1:31 am

I've been pregnant before and it wasn't painful, it was more annoying than anything to be honest. You can't really do much cause the first 3 months you're basically sick as a dog and the rest you're just fat and moody. Going up/down stairs is annoying cause you're just tired but can't say it was as bad as what some of these other women make out. The most painful thing you'll experience is a bit of leg pain but it's not like end of the world or anything, some women go work a full 8 hour shift with it.

C Section is quite normal these days for ladies that don't wish to have a natural birth, the only issue is being really itchy post natal but you basically don't really feel anything in a C section apart from some minor discomfort of being shoved about a lot when they're getting the baby out. I wouldn't let what these over dramatic women say about their own pregnancies ruin yours if you wanted to do that to be honest.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2021, 4:43 am

Joe90 wrote:
This isn't a "who has it worse?" discussion, it's about all men, whichever neurology, when it comes to babies.

Men don't have to go through all the pain, discomfort and uncertainty of carrying the baby or giving birth. They can just enjoy their baby when it arrives.

If I was a guy and I was in a stable relationship, I would be a dad by now. But because I'm a woman, my fears and anxieties are too overwhelming and hold me back from having children. I can't even have a PAP test without crying out in sheer agony, so god only knows how painful it will be to get a baby's head out of there. I'd probably die from shock of the pain.

"I want a baby but I don't want to go through all the pregnancy and birth, but I don't want to adopt either, can you see my predicament?"

Why can't humans lay eggs that come out when in a size that's small enough to pass without much pain, and then they hatch when ready? So many things can go wrong during a human pregnancy, and some complications can be life-threatening.

It’s only dangerous if you have pre existing conditions or if you’re in a third world country? I’m sure you’re fine. But you can always adopt.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2021, 4:45 am

Joe90 wrote:

Women are strong and can handle a lot.especiallg if you’re a sturdy type of woman then you should have no difficulty I think it’s only dangerous if you’re a petite, delicate person whose susceptible to injuries like broken bones, oestoporpsis or if you’re already got fractures all over your body.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2021, 4:50 am

Joe90 wrote:

But yah majority of men have always in most centuries have had it better than woman.
1. Most make the laws,rules,
2.dont have to suffer from periods,rape,childbirth,pregnancy,sexist laws
3.arent forced to marry,aren’t sold
4.are kings who can kill
5. Even black men had it better than most white royal elite women in king Henry 7th era
6. Men outlived princess diana, princess grace, Marilyn Monroe, Amy winehouse,
7. Aren’t subjected to male equivalent of misogynistic laws due to religious influence
8. Men could legally rape wives till the early 90s even in western world
9. Men will never take birth control, have to go through abortions,
10. Men don’t need to starve themselves or wear makeup just to eat
11. Men aren’t murdered aka China kills girl babies
12. Men can have babies at 100 years old
13.men don’t go through menopause
14. Men can leave
15. Most men I know have their drivers licences before women that are smarter than them
16. Men that are less smart than some women still make more money than them without risking or sacrificing anything or themselves
17. Most men are loved and wanted more than some women
18. They get paid more for less effort
19.they are allowed to eat more
20. Men don’t have as many expenses
21.less is expected of men
22. Men (apart from gay men) don’t have to go through pain- they usually the ones inflicting it
23.less responsibly
24.if you’re a obese red head male you can be king as long as your dads ancestors apparently won a eating contest
25. If you are a red head,obese king you’re respected even if you ask for your wives to be killed(abandoning your vows) and morals - after your dead you’re worshipped.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2021, 5:10 am

Joe90 wrote:

How old are you?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Oct 2021, 5:42 am

Itendswithmexx wrote:

This one really puzzles me. Can you elaborate?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 5:49 am

I'm 31 (as says in my signature).

I have severe emetophobia so just the thought of the common sickness that goes with pregnancy scares me.

C-section leaves a huge scar across your tummy, and can cause long-term effects such as bladder problems. It can also be painful afterwards.

Two people I know have had babies this year, both suffered miscarriages last year and were severely ill, lost a lot of blood and almost died, not to mention the emotional trauma they suffered, but managed to try again. Then this year both had life-threatening birth complications. These two women aren't related by the way.

I think I have a small esophagus or something because vomiting is extremely difficult and painful for me (which is why I have emetophobia). I'm basically traumatized from the last time I threw up, when I had norovirus. I can't even burp!
People don't understand emetophobia though or don't take it seriously if they don't have it.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2021, 5:53 am

magz wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:

Most jobs for women need women to be groomed a certain way. Whereas men are accepted just the way they are.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2021, 5:55 am

Joe90 wrote:
I'm 31 (as says in my signature).

I have severe emetophobia so just the thought of the common sickness that goes with pregnancy scares me.

C-section leaves a huge scar across your tummy, and can cause long-term effects such as bladder problems. It can also be painful afterwards.

Two people I know have had babies this year, both suffered miscarriages last year and were severely ill, lost a lot of blood and almost died, not to mention the emotional trauma they suffered, but managed to try again. Then this year both had life-threatening birth complications. These two women aren't related by the way.

I think I have a small esophagus or something because vomiting is extremely difficult and painful for me (which is why I have emetophobia). I'm basically traumatized from the last time I threw up, when I had norovirus. I can't even burp!
People don't understand emetophobia though or don't take it seriously if they don't have it.

Yah you’re going to want to have babies in the next couple of years so maybe get some counselling but see if you’re financially able to provide long term for a child and yourself. Do you have a partner?

Uhh the more times you vomit the less gross it is but it causes cancer so don’t do that.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Oct 2021, 6:51 am

Itendswithmexx wrote:
magz wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:

Most jobs for women need women to be groomed a certain way. Whereas men are accepted just the way they are.

I don't know. I live in the science-teaching-IT professional environment and I never met a woman who got in any trouble for not wearing makeup (and a lot literally never do).
Heavily dress-coded business world is another thing - but it's heavily dress-coded for everyone, men in full suits in the summer are not happy, either.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Oct 2021, 7:01 am

I got through two pregnancies without much impact on my health - it was mainly annoying to be physically limited, sleepy and often nauseous. I gave natural birth both times - the pain was manageable.
However, I remember you had some health issues that made gynecological examinations painful... did they get resolved?

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2021, 7:30 am

magz wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:
magz wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:

I don't know. I live in the science-teaching-IT professional environment and I never met a woman who got in any trouble for not wearing makeup (and a lot literally never do).
Heavily dress-coded business world is another thing - but it's heavily dress-coded for everyone, men in full suits in the summer are not happy, either.

That’s for a small minority of lucky women who were born with good brains for the rest of women who aren’t as lucky and even ones who are still have to spend a lot of time on their appearance to be even considered even when both genders have equal credentials.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 9:20 am

magz wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:
This one, too...
Itendswithmexx wrote:
13.men don’t go through menopause
We most certainly do!  Our libidos and overall health begin to decline at about the same time women become pre-menopausal.  We just make less of a fuss about it.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Oct 2021, 9:29 am

Menopause is a separate topic and, AFAIK, men usually don't experience the dysregulation of the whole body the way women do. I'm yet to check it out.

But please, let's not make another who-has-it-worse topic of it. OP wrote originally about pregnancy. Maybe we should change the thread title so it's easier to stay on topic?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 9:31 am

magz wrote:
Menopause is a separate topic and, AFAIK, men usually don't experience the dysregulation of the whole body the way women do. I'm yet to check it out.

But please, let's not make another who-has-it-worse topic of it. OP wrote originally about pregnancy. Maybe we should change the thread title so it's easier to keep on topic?
Oops, sorry!  I also just now noticed this thread is in Women's Discussion.  My bad.  Bye-bye!

:D