Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

CaDi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Oct 2021, 7:29 am

Hi,

I might be a kind of Sukhareva (Aspie) human with an excessively creative ADHD brain :) and I have a sensory question for this planet :)

Am I the only one whose thumbs are bothered by writing on the screen of a cell phone? It doesn't have to be for a long time, right now, I have only used for a few minutes and I feel a tingling annoying sensation on the two fingers I am using (thumbs). I do not have the vibration mode, I always turned off as well as all annoying beeps that comes with many phones. It happened with other cell phones, so it is not linked to a specific phone.

I asked many (potentially neurotypicals), nobody seems to be having this issue. I asked google and I could not find articles dealing with that.

Could be just linked to highsensibility and that is also rare in this planet?

Thanks!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 7:58 am

Maybe have the thumbs looked at by a doctor?

It might not be anything---but it's good to confirm that it is not "anything."

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 10:08 am

No, I don't relate to this. I use my touchscreen phone every day.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Oct 2021, 10:17 am

I have a problem with touch screens because of my mild dyspraxia - I need to be 100% focused on the phone, otherwise I have no idea what I'm doing and always touch the wrong places.
For that reason, I use a phone with physical buttons.
Maybe your muscles get stiff from position they're not comfortable with?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

CaDi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Oct 2021, 11:12 am

Thanks for the ideas! It happens in any fingers I might be using, with both hands, so for me it has to be related to touching the screen, there might be some kind of heat of electricity on the screen. I couod check with a dermatologist :)

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 3:29 am

I honestly hate the feeling of the touch screen on my phone. I've always hated touching smooth, flat surfaces, I'm not entirely sure why. I also actually like the vibration function on my phone, because it distracts from the sensation of the screen whenever I type on it.