Springsteen, Earle, others benefit concert for ABA school

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 9:03 am

Bruce Springsteen to perform at autism charity concert hosted by Steve Earle in December in NYC

Quote:
Bruce Springsteen is part of the lineup for the seventh annual John Henry’s Friends Benefit concert, which will take place December 13 in New York City at The Town Hall.

The show is hosted by veteran Americana artist Steve Earle and raises money for The Keswell School, an educational program for children and young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Earle’s son John Henry, after whom the fundraiser is named, is a student in the program.

In addition to Springsteen, the concert will feature performances by Earle and his band The Dukes, plus Rosanne Cash, Willie Nile and others"

Keswell School Student Life Webpage
Quote:
The curriculum is firmly based on the science of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)

I found the schools website lacking in detail to a highly unusual degree. I had to dig a bit to find the student life webpage.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman