Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 6:47 pm

What were your original Covid symptoms, funeralx?

Anything weird beyond the norm?

I'm glad your taste issue resolved. You're lucky because this totally sucks!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 6:49 pm

It's less reliable when a person has been vaccinated. That's true. How can one discern whether the antibodies are from a COVID infection, or from the vaccination?

I had the antibodies test way before vaccination.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 6:55 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

It felt like I barely had a cold for the first week, I wasn't even sure I was sick. It lingered like that for about 10 days before I started feeling increasingly exhausted, short-of-breath and with a weird feeling in my heart sorta like when you're dealing with severe emotional distress, only without any cause. I had about a week where I couldn't get out of bed without feeling entirely wiped out by it and then it started improving a bit.

I still haven't recovered entirely, I've felt like I have bronchitis and milder versions of the heart pains to this day.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 7:00 pm

I had a very bad cold with a cough for the first week.

Then, I started feeling feverish and started feeling "pins and needles." I had chills and sweats. I started feeling like I had a mild-to-moderate flu. I also had anxiety. Tylenol and Advil helped quite a bit. I was able to stay out of bed; I only felt slightly weak. This phase lasted about two weeks.

For about one week after I recovered, I sweated rather profusely upon the slightest provocation. I also felt like was recovering from the flu.

After that week, I've only had occasional headaches (not severe), a woozy/dizzy feeling occasionally, and anxiety about whether I had the virus when I felt that way. I started walking a lot. Eventually, I started to run, too. I lost 25 pounds.

I count myself as one who is rather lucky.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 27 Oct 2021, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 7:14 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

It felt like I barely had a cold for the first week, I wasn't even sure I was sick. It lingered like that for about 10 days before I started feeling increasingly exhausted, short-of-breath and with a weird feeling in my heart sorta like when you're dealing with severe emotional distress, only without any cause. I had about a week where I couldn't get out of bed without feeling entirely wiped out by it and then it started improving a bit.

I still haven't recovered entirely, I've felt like I have bronchitis and milder versions of the heart pains to this day.

I'm sorry to hear that. When was this? Pre- or post-vax?

Do you have known heart damage?

I noticed whenever I drink something I feel like I can't breathe for a second. I can't take long gulps of anything without kind of gasping for air after. My lungs and nose are clear though.

So weird.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 7:15 pm

Everything was checked before my prostate surgery.

No lung damage. I've had a benign arrhythmia in my heart for years.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 7:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It's less reliable when a person has been vaccinated. That's true. How can one discern whether the antibodies are from a COVID infection, or from the vaccination?

I had the antibodies test way before vaccination.

I read this:

"In medical school, we're taught you should never do a test unless you know what you're going to do with a positive or negative result. In the case of antibody testing, the results can't be interpreted, which is why we don't recommend it at all."

I guess people can get antibodies from the vaccine, from natural immunity, from exposure to the virus without contracting it, or from actually contracting it. Even a positive result doesn't mean the person actually had Covid. Then I guess there's the question whether a person with antibodies is protected from catching it (first or second time), for how long, and whether or not they can transmit to others like a carrier.

I'll ask my PhD friend.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 7:21 pm

Before the vaccines, the antibody tests were seen as being at least somewhat reliable as to the presence and non-presence of the SARS-2 COVID virus. The vaccines complicate matters.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 7:26 pm

I wish I had tangible figures----but I've read that it is very rare for a vaccinated individual who previously had COVID to test positive for COVID again.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 7:29 pm

That's good to know.

My daughter is getting a booster Pfizer #3 in November because she's very high risk immunocompromised.

I'll have to ask my doctor what she thinks but I've never heard of anyone having antibody testing around here.

Maybe I'm just unaware. I'm not sure what the point of it would be though, medically.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 7:32 pm

Antibody testing was much more useful before the vaccines.

People who tested positive for antibodies were encouraged to give blood, so that the blood could be converted into some sort of "globulin," which served as a treatment for severe COVID.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 7:34 pm

I'm not allowed to give blood because I have a blood disorder.

I'm such a medical catastrophe.

This is frustrating! I don't want to lose my taste on top of my hearing (tinnitus) and having photophobia / misophonia.

I wonder if people with Sensory Processing Disorder are more prone to this taste / smell issue with Covid?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 7:35 pm

I have some sort of "sensory processing disorder." I never lost any senses during my COVID.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 7:38 pm

I remember a friend saying that some people's taste buds get altered from the vaccines.

They said everything tasted metallic after their J&J.

I'll check in and see if theirs was permanent. Maybe it's from the vaccine?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 7:41 pm

Nothing like that happened with me.

What I got----was a slight woozy feeling for like 4 hours after my first Moderna dose. Then about 12 hours of feeling slightly flu-like, with slight chills, after my second Moderna. It wasn't a full-fledged "flu" feeling. It was a feeling that I was vaguely "out of sorts."

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 7:45 pm

I had no reaction at all to Pfizers except the mildly sore arm (1/10).

My daughter felt high after hers. "Stupid, stoned, and silly" or something like that.

Oh, it was stupid, stoned, and starving! :twisted: