Does anyone else get hypoclacemia ? Irritable bowel syndrome

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Oct 2021, 4:30 am

Hey

I’m super sensitive to caffeine, fasting, artificial sweeteners ect and have really bad irritable bowel. Any tips on how to handle mood swings when I’m hungry?

chaosmos
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Oct 2021, 5:25 am

Hi there,

Sounds like you’re asking two different questions:

A. Does anyone have any advice for how to manage IBS symptoms.
B. How to handle mood swings when hungry.

Which do you want help with? :D

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 9:05 am

Dr. Google says that Hypoclacemia is low calcium, and that up to 20% of folks have it. I don't know that I have it. I probably would qualify as having IBS, but haven't talked to a doctor about it. I was pretty sick for a few days just last week and I'm not sure which of two fast food items triggered it. Maybe it was simply the combination of the two. I get IBS like symptoms when I eat excess fat or sugar or with my period or when I'm nervous. So a lot. For this recent episode I used ginger, but mainly suffered through it. Yesterday I had migraine symptoms (which for me includes nausea) and a magnesium supplement (Yerba Mate tea for me) nipped it in the bud. Sorry for the discomfort.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 9:09 am

Have you looked into fermented foods?

snissen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Dec 2022, 5:06 am

For diagnosed cases of IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), Monash University in Australia is doing cutting edge research on foods with FODMAP: Fermentable Oligo-saccharides, Di-saccharides, Mono-saccharides, And Polyols. (A saccharide is a sugar.) By changing what I eat based on its FODMAP contents, I have found significant relief.

Start learning here: https://www.monashfodmap.com/