Is anybody else sensitive to extreme temps due to Asperger

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 12:45 am

I have always struggled with a sensitvity to cold or cool weather. Here around where I live the average high is around 60 degrees with a low of about 30 degrees in january or feb in the wintertime.And its sad because Texas is known as a place where snowbirds go.However this does not apply to the opposite extreme.I have been traveling when it was about 116 and i did not think it was that bad.My region of the state has cooler summers than most of the rest of the state in places like DFW,Houston,San Antone and Austin/Corpus because of the humidity.Although I am long away from the Winter Texan destinations here in the state.I know the cold of Texas is nowhere near the level of the Midwest but it still gets to me especially when we go to our annual deer hunting and camping trips to our lease in the fall and early winter.I used to sleep in a vehicle camping in the hot Texas summers so i can handle the heat A-O-K.My therapist said that is related to Asperger's sensitivity with certain things.But I get impending dread this time of year due to the winters here.

I just hope that we dont have a repeat of last year where a lot of the state went close to a week with no power.i actually enjoy the heat.I just hope i never have to live somewhere full-time where they have a real winter.I am moving to a much warmer area of the state in the next few years.so do any of yall have any issues with being sensitive to the the climates whether it be hot or cold.We can get real bad blue northers that blow in and drop the temps dramatically in the span of a few minutes.And we have a few 70''s and 80's day in the winter months which are I really love.And we have horrible wind that chills you to the bone when it is 30 degrees with a windchill in the 20's or teens.Sorry for the long post and sorry if this is in the wrong forum.It kind of involved different content subject areas.Also all those cold fronts and blue Northers make you sick in the throat at times.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 12:47 am

I'm heat sensitive but I can handle cold just fine.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 1:02 am

funeralxempire wrote:

Okay kool Thanks for your input.The heat never really got to me not even when I was in Yuma, Arizona or Palm Springs,California or Roswell,New Mexico.I wish i could handle Wyoming or Minnesota or Alaska cold but I cant.And also Texas tends to get colder than its southern location would indicate because there's no mountains blocking those Blue Northers from Canada.Also Texas winters tend to be very bipolar which further complicates the issue.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 1:32 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Okay kool Thanks for your input.The heat never really got to me not even when I was in Yuma, Arizona or Palm Springs,California or Roswell,New Mexico.I wish i could handle Wyoming or Minnesota or Alaska cold but I cant.And also Texas tends to get colder than its southern location would indicate because there's no mountains blocking those Blue Northers from Canada.Also Texas winters tend to be very bipolar which further complicates the issue.

I'm in Canada, for what it's worth. I can't even handle summer here, let alone what Arizona or Texas or New Mexico faces. :oops:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 10:37 pm

Me too. In Canada and dealing just fine with colder temperatures, but I struggle to adapt to hot temperatures. Over time, I get used to it, but it takes a few weeks, or at least a few days. I sometimes find that’s it’s too warm at some people’s places. I prefer cooler temperatures. I really liked the winter as a kid, but the older I get, the more I dislike all the snow removal process and all that the winter “downsides”, although hockey, skiing and such happens during the winter time. Snowmobiles. Anyway..

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 11:51 pm

What I’m particularly sensitive to is humidity, and since I’m in the midwest, we don’t really get heat without that. I hate feeling even remotely damp, so I detest sweating at all. But then I’m also sensitive to cold, and one of my worst sensory issues is with wind.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 12:09 am

I can't really deal with humidity, but in terms of temperature I can handle hot or cold equally well.

My worst thing is sunlight. I'd much rather have a dark summer day than a sunny winter day.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 4:20 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
What I’m particularly sensitive to is humidity, and since I’m in the midwest, we don’t really get heat without that. I hate feeling even remotely damp, so I detest sweating at all. But then I’m also sensitive to cold, and one of my worst sensory issues is with wind.

Oh okay you prolly wouldnt like the heavily populated parts of Texas like DFW,Houston,San Antone, and Austin because its all humid there.West Texas where its not humid prolly wouldnt work for u either because of the wind.But humidity does not bother me for some reason but it seems like it bothers most Texans.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 4:21 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I can't really deal with humidity, but in terms of temperature I can handle hot or cold equally well.

My worst thing is sunlight. I'd much rather have a dark summer day than a sunny winter day.

Okay I am the opposite because I wish it could be sunny 24/7 all the time.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 4:22 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Okay I am the opposite because I wish it could be sunny 24/7 all the time.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 4:53 am

I prefer a icey cold winter over a sweltering hot summer.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

xxSkull_Princessxx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jun 2023, 9:07 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

Same. :vampire:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Jul 2023, 9:48 am

I've always had problems handling extreme temps but humidity tends to make things a lot worse. I'm not sure if that's related to Aspergers or not thou. I hate wearing long sleeve cloths due to sensory issues so I always wear shorts when home unless I'm feeling really hot & then I may take my shirt off & sometimes even my shorts. I much rather raise the heater during winter than wear pants inside. I have a low exertion tolerance & tend to start feeling very hot & start sweating after being physically active for a tiny bit even in very cold temps. I'm not sure if that's due to me being very out of shape or if there is something else going on :? I also have lots of hot flashes & cold chills at times which might be due to hormones. I'm on some meds to affect my hormones because I'm happier with lower testosterone(I like having a lower sex drive, less body & facial hair growth, & more hair on my head). When researching ways to manage hot flashes & cold chills most of the research I find talks about hormone treatment for menopause in women & for guys it talks about treating low testosterone which I'm def NOT going to do :wall: I want ways to mange that do NOT involve hormones.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2023, 2:34 am

Well I was up north close to the Canadian Border recently and it was still too cold for me and this was in the summer time.The water was about 50 degrees but I did not get in.However earlier this summer I was in 120 heat index weather on the way home and i had a hoodie on and it felt just fine to me.Lol. But at the same time the 70's in the Upper Midwest was nice for a few days.I am now dreading winter in Texas ugh.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jul 2023, 9:57 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I have always struggled with a sensitvity to cold or cool weather. Here around where I live the average high is around 60 degrees with a low of about 30 degrees in january or feb in the wintertime.And its sad because Texas is known as a place where snowbirds go.However this does not apply to the opposite extreme.I have been traveling when it was about 116 and i did not think it was that bad.My region of the state has cooler summers than most of the rest of the state in places like DFW,Houston,San Antone and Austin/Corpus because of the humidity.Although I am long away from the Winter Texan destinations here in the state.I know the cold of Texas is nowhere near the level of the Midwest but it still gets to me especially when we go to our annual deer hunting and camping trips to our lease in the fall and early winter.I used to sleep in a vehicle camping in the hot Texas summers so i can handle the heat A-O-K.My therapist said that is related to Asperger's sensitivity with certain things.But I get impending dread this time of year due to the winters here.

I just hope that we dont have a repeat of last year where a lot of the state went close to a week with no power.i actually enjoy the heat.I just hope i never have to live somewhere full-time where they have a real winter.I am moving to a much warmer area of the state in the next few years.so do any of yall have any issues with being sensitive to the the climates whether it be hot or cold.We can get real bad blue northers that blow in and drop the temps dramatically in the span of a few minutes.And we have a few 70''s and 80's day in the winter months which are I really love.And we have horrible wind that chills you to the bone when it is 30 degrees with a windchill in the 20's or teens.Sorry for the long post and sorry if this is in the wrong forum.It kind of involved different content subject areas.Also all those cold fronts and blue Northers make you sick in the throat at times.

Asperger might be a symptom of being a higher lifeform. Because the human struggle is too hot or too cold. Like most temperatures of the galaxy are too much, humans only have about 10 degrees of acceptable temperature. Like 78 degrees is too hot 58 degrees is too cold. And aspergers is being less like an animal more like a human, aspegers depend on technology, its like sheldon cooper uses computers and technology. And an aspergers won't go sweating around like an animal, they will use technology to cool down such as fans or swamp coolers. An aspergers might not use AC or they might but AC contributes to global warming so they might not.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2023, 10:13 am

I cannot stand hot temperatures. My body just doesn't work in them, my cooling system is faulty. I can't move, breathe or eat.

But cold temps are okay because anyway, I can just pile on more clothes.

In hot weather I can't take any more clothes off after I'm naked, can I. And of course British houses are warm and cosy, not suitable for heatwaves.