Guys or Gals: would you date a BBW?

Page 14 of 15 [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Would you date a fat woman?
Yes I love BBW 40%  40%  [ 14 ]
Yes I'm not interested in skinny women 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
No 46%  46%  [ 16 ]
Yes but only is she promised to slim 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 35

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 10:53 pm

I'd love to date a big, squishy Sid. :O)

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 1:46 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
That’s if everyone is a sociopath…..

Many people happen to have decent moral values.

In my experience, no they don't.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 2:05 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
That’s if everyone is a sociopath…..

Many people happen to have decent moral values.

Decent moral values are taught

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 2:06 am

^ Yes, they are, as well as manners.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 3:23 am

That’s my point. People respond to teaching.

I also believe many people would be moral and ethical even without teaching—while others are immoral and unethical despite teaching.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 1:10 am

What I find strangely ironic about a lot of women being insecure about their weight with guys, is that guys are much more accepting of an overweight woman than a woman is of an overweight man. I see guys with female partners that weigh more them. I have guy friends who have female partners that weight more than them too.

But I never see it the other way around with a thin woman, having an overweight man as an SO. I did see it once with a guy, but he is rich, so I think he was able to get away with it more so. But I never see it with a non-rich guy.

Plus bigger women are more accepted in beauty and fashion culture too. There are no plus sized male models compared to female ones for example.

So why is that women are more sensitive about being overweight compared to men, when men are more likely to accept it compared to the other way around?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 1:35 am

ironpony wrote:
So why is that women are more sensitive about being overweight compared to men, when men are more likely to accept it compared to the other way around?

I think the simple answer is that women have more of a luxury to pick and choose a man. Even BBW women (although I acknowledge it doesn't matter your gender, being overweight is a hurdle).

In contrast men have to make an effort to get a woman's attention. If you are an overweight man unless you are rich or at least well settled (good income/house) then you will be looking forward to a bachelors life.,

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 1:38 am

Oh yes this makes sense, for sure. But what I mean is why are women more sensitive about their weight compared to men? Shouldn't the gender who gets the more perks, be less sensitive about their weight, because they are getting more perks?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 1:43 am

ironpony wrote:
But what I mean is why are women more sensitive about their weight compared to men? Shouldn't the gender who gets the more perks, be less sensitive about their weight, because they are getting more perks?

Oh that's also simple, A dating coach named Kevin Samuels (whom I watch because his podcasts are hilariously funny) says in his experience society values a woman's looks more than anything else she brings to the table.

For that reason they are highly sensitive over factors that might devalue their social worth (like putting on weight), I know that sounds bad by Samuels does have a point.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 1:52 am

cyberdad wrote:
ironpony wrote:
But what I mean is why are women more sensitive about their weight compared to men? Shouldn't the gender who gets the more perks, be less sensitive about their weight, because they are getting more perks?

Oh that's also simple, A dating coach named Kevin Samuels (whom I watch because his podcasts are hilariously funny) says in his experience society values a woman's looks more than anything else she brings to the table.

For that reason they are highly sensitive over factors that might devalue their social worth (like putting on weight), I know that sounds bad by Samuels does have a point.

And yet I see guys who have female partners that weight more than them but never the other way around, including friends, so it seems based on that evidence, perhaps Samuels is wrong, if it's never the way around, when it comes to looks? Or at least there seems to be some sort of hole in this theory or data?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 2:41 am

ironpony wrote:
And yet I see guys who have female partners that weight more than them but never the other way around, including friends, so it seems based on that evidence, perhaps Samuels is wrong, if it's never the way around, when it comes to looks? Or at least there seems to be some sort of hole in this theory or data?

If you read my post I mentioned that the market favours women. So regardless BBW women have it easier to find a man than a overweight man finding a woman.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 6:58 am

If one thinks of dating as a “market,” one already lost the sweepstakes.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 8:54 am

Now remember kids, sounding like the first poster here is likely to leave you chronically alone.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 8:49 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ironpony wrote:

If you read my post I mentioned that the market favours women. So regardless BBW women have it easier to find a man than a overweight man finding a woman.

Oh sorry, I see. So men are more willing to lower their standards for women therefore?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 8:53 pm

ironpony wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Oh sorry, I see. So men are more willing to lower their standards for women therefore?

Yes, or more precisely men have limited options except lower standards compared to the wider options women have. Women are permitted to discriminate against a man based on height, But men would be labelled misogynist if they discriminate against overweight women.

Men can't change their height but many women can lose weight. This makes it unfair.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 9:25 pm

Well I don't think guys would be labeled a misogynist as long as they do not discriminate against it publicly, unless I am wrong?