Nice tune 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Meh 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Shambolic 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 11:30 am

There are two inspirations for this poll. The iconic show 'American Bandstand' that ran from the 50s to the 80s had a segment 'Rate a Record'. There is a genre of youtube video where people mostly millennials and Gen Z review songs of all genres mostly from the 60s through the 80s. Many times it is their first time hearing the song or even the group. The reviews are more thoughtful and knowledgeable than I would have expected. This is the best forum version I can think of at the moment.

If there is a good reaction I will put a poll out for more songs. Many of them will fall under the categories of less well-known and forgotten. I might tweak the format or change up the questions.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 12:05 pm

I love this song. I like the message of the song and the sound of it as well.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 12:49 pm

I wish the lead singer's voice could be mixed up clearer.

But its a cool "message" song about ...autistics, or the disabled, or something.

So though I am not totally clear what the message is I am sure that its a message that ought to be heard! :D

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 5:49 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
I wish the lead singer's voice could be mixed up clearer.

But its a cool "message" song about ...autistics, or the disabled, or something.
though I am not totally clear what the message is I am sure that its a message that ought to be heard! :D

It is about Autistics. "ASD Band" gives that one away. It is a pro neurodiversity movement message. "We are different, not less", "We have abilities, not disabilities","Don't underestimate us we're one of a kind ".

"Don't see me as an annoying spoiled brat, Don't say we're a puzzle that can't be solved, just stay by our side"-Self-explanatory.

"I hear your voice but I can not answer"-Shutdown/mutism, "I see the light but it's way too bright"-light sensitivity,"I feel your touch but for me it's too much"-touch sensitivity.

At the beginning and the end I hear "spectrum' but the proceeding seems mumbled.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman