Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 5:45 am

Gosh. This isnt even being covered, AFAIK, here in the States..

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 5:56 am

Insulate Britain seem to have observed Extinction Rebellion and got hold of the wrong end of the stick. When you're agitating for goverment support for home insulation, there is no logical connection that says "hassle random drivers."

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 6:38 am

So...

let me get this straight.

The cause these folks are demonstrating about is called "insulate Britain"?

And they dont mean "insulate" figuratively (by maintaining Brexit, or like that), but literally. They want the govt. to somehow get everyone to put better insulation into their homes - and places of employment? Presumably to ... reduce pollution from power plants?

Nothing wrong with government incentives to nudge you toward stuff like getting better insulation, or putting solar panels on your roof. Our govt already has tax incentives for that. I assume that the UK does too.

But these folks think its super urgent to ...wrap the nation in fiber glass RIGHT NOW! ?

So these folks are doing this stunt to draw attention to this... and gluing their faces to pavement? Blocking traffic, etc.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 6:46 am

You got it NP.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 11:56 am

Isn’t there programs to insulate low income people’s homes? I applied for that and got several new thermapane windows, weather stripping and smoke detectors all free and installed.
Thanks Obama!!
I was approved again to have more windows replaced and some insulation for under the bedrooms but covid happened.
You do have to deal with people taking photos of the inside and outside and looking around inside closets etc…