do you think most people are bad?

Page 2 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 5:54 am

newme wrote:
I do believe there are some truly good people out there but they are in the extreme minority. I'm just trying to deal with all the negativity abuse and stress that I feel from these people. I guess our survival Instinct programs us to be incredibly selfish and that's what we are seeing with such widespread bad behavior.

Yeah pretty much, like if you look at India as example their society is just totally narcissistic and selfish all based off of survival narcissism. I've noticed here in the UK because we have a pretty decent welfare system there is more empathy and compassion among your regular every day people in comparison to other countries where their welfare systems are not good or non existent. The people in other countries are usually more selfish from what I've observed. Here they are willing to donate more and help out more because there's more charity among the people because we have that huge safety net. (Some countries they wouldn't even give you a pot to piss in)

There are some good people though but few and far between, usually they are very innocent people who don't participate in much modern society stuff like social media etc, they're like sheltered kind of people most likely living away from the mainstream. Or you get very conscious aware people who are like super clued on who have chosen to wake up and learn how to be decent. Depends what your life experience is and what shaped you as you are I guess. I've seen very empathetic/compassionate people get absolutely beaten down in life by people who just exploit for self gain but then later picked themselves up and become strong/wise from it so it all really depends on what you've dealt with in life.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 6:00 am

I will try to be practical so, i will give you my advice, take it or leave it. love it or hate it.

possible options:
Either 1. take prozac ,a quick fix solution for you depressive symptoms. 2. maybe consult a therapist, to help you cope better. 3. you could always quit your job, remove yourself from stressful situation that is causing you this misery and emotional distress. thats probably too drastic. 4. look to find a new veterinarian job somewhere else. 5. take up meditation, practice deep breathing. 6. slack off from work, put in minimal effort. 7. talk with people at work and try to resolve your grievances amicably. 8. find a new line of work, within the scope of animal welfare. 9. take up exercise, become physically stronger, in order to build a foundation to become mentally stronger under pressure. 10. well im all out of ideas, maybe somebody else can think of something...

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 3:39 pm

theprisoner wrote:
Unsatisfactory occupational conditions will distort your outlook. You sound misanthropic.

This is curious , if so many people even pensioners and self employed people have this same point of veiw ... it might be hard to get a grasp on the idea of misantropic prespectives . imho.

where ever you go ,there you are

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 8:43 pm

I used to think that most people were bad...and then 2020 happened and confirmed my suspicions.

theprisoner wrote:
Either 1. take prozac ,a quick fix solution for you depressive symptoms.

I'm pretty sure they don't like to prescribe Prozac anymore, because it has too high of a chance of making you suicidal.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 9:30 pm

I think most NTs are bad.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 5:23 pm

Axeman wrote:
I think most NTs are bad.

Nature versus nurture ,,, imho . i think aspies left to themselves are not bad . But under bad influences that can go right out the window . kinda speaking from personal experience .
As time wore on realized that the people around me were shaping me for worse . But as i had one or 2 good influences . That were such a profound contrast to what people were shaping me into.
It took me awhile but was able to abandon ship from those dark influences . But did leave me into
a life of being wary of those influences . When making lifepreservers for yourself Always make a spare one . And usually best if do not let anyone know your building them.
Caused me to be aware that there are Real Monsters out there that exist . Usually of the human kind.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 11:32 pm

I hate people. :x

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 11:41 pm

What's the point of living? None. Humans are worthless, all we do is destroy the world and each other. How can I be happy and enjoy life when humans have ruined everything I used to like about it? Life is nothing but pain an suffering and then you die. I have no reason to exist in this world, I'm physically and mentally defective. I can't even escape from this world when I sleep, because my dreams are almost always creepy, disturbing and extremely repetitive, and I don't just wake up from them like normal people do. Must be from my medication that I have to take every night if I want to sleep at all. Screw the human race.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 11:52 pm

Define bad in terms of morality.

If a majority of humans have base or destructive impulses then it's human nature, and not a moral decline.

Darwin got it wrong because the fittest don't survive. Quite often the most evil do.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 12:54 am

sometimes , once in a great while . ones passing could be seem as a great release .
Given the times we are living through......it might be just a bit hard to keep seminormal perspective .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 5:31 am

And quite often the Good outweighs the Evil, too.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 5:47 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Darwin got it wrong because the fittest don't survive. Quite often the most evil do.

Definitely. Also the people who cause harm to Others, abuse or mistreat them often present themselves as "normal" and justify their actions. Because they think they are perfect and are always right. Whereas the victims who don't harm anyone feel like they are the one with the problem because they also care about every one else's opinions, not only themselves.

The ones who harm the society the most are narcissistic people who think they are the Best and have no fault.

As for the question, i dont think most people are bad but most of them will harm and hurt Others or take advantage of them if they see a weakness. People who don't have the impulse to hurt and deceive are rare but they exist too. I hope you can or do have such people in your life.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Nov 2021, 5:56 am

No, I don't think most people are bad.
I think all people are limited and imperfect but I wouldn't apply moral values to it. It's just the physical reality.
Those who intentionally harm are bad. Luckily, they're not the majority.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 6:47 am

Most people are apathetic, rather than bad.

Apathy could have the effect of badness, though.

ThisTimelessMoment
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2021, 6:58 am

I don't believe most people are bad. I think most people are completely blind. Blind to what we humans are and how we opperate. We are animals that have developed a new and useful layer onto our brains. One that we haven't learnt how to use yet. We don't come with an instruction manual! And our societies that are supposed to fulfil that role are often much more harmful than helpful.

I think that, unfortunately, often being evil is what makes someone "The fittest" in Darwinian terms in our sadly sick society.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 7:08 am

Saying that “evil” equals “fittest” is a very narrow and simplistic statement.

I realize that wasn’t what was said above—but this is a sentiment often expressed by people.

Eleanor Roosevelt was quite “fit,” but certainly not “evil.”

Darwin himself would roll in his grave at this interpretation of his theory.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 07 Nov 2021, 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.