Tennessee Pastor Wants to Stone LGBTQ+ people... or Does He?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 10:07 am

It seems obvious to me...

Tennessee Equality Project wrote:
Minister Ben Bailey of the Central Church of Christ called us this morning and talked about his views. He is not pro-equality, but he wants to make absolutely clear that he does NOT support the stoning of LGBT people. ... The New Civil Rights Movement has reported on the teachings of Minister Ben Bailey of the Central Church of Christ in McMinnville in which the pastor tries to justify the stoning of LGBT people as biblical. ...
Source:  This Tennessee Equality Project Article 

Quote:
Ben Bailey, of the Central church of Christ in McMinnville, is certainly appropriately angry, hateful, fanatical and crazy for his profession.  Condemning "liberal society", Bailey advocates an ostensibly more Christian alternative, one that emphasizes that God commands Christians to stone gay people and prevent women from teaching.  He also condemns Christians who go to churches with "relaxed and liberal views", (i.e., Christians who fail to appreciate the central role of hate and bloodthirst in real Christianity), too many Christians (or wannabe Christians), according to Bailey, want "things like women preaching, women leading in service, where homosexuals and gay marriage were accepted openly", and "we need to make sure that such is not the idea or the mindset of God."
Source:  This Encyclopedia of American Loons Article 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 6:56 pm

Well, I'm toast for being Lutheran.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 11:41 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Well, I'm toast for being Lutheran.

:lol: Well, I'm a Missouri Synod guy, so we as a church body are not as relaxed as the ELCA, but I personally am.