Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 12:00 pm

Generally, we hang paintings and such at the height of our eyes either when we're sitting or standing up.
With a low horizon we can hang them a bit higher and vice versa.
I was thinking of extremes, like hanging paintings a couple of inches above the floor or really high up, or even hanging them on the ceiling.
I think this may be quite interesting.

/Mats

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 6:33 am

This reminds me of an exhibition I went to a few years ago. Some of the art was hidden, and you'd only see it if you were inquisitive, like me. I found artworks behind a bin, inside an unmarked cupboard door and there was even something under the sinks in the gents toilets. This wasn't flagged anywhere, no one told you to look out for hidden stuff. It just rewarded people who were nosy.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 6:36 am

Love it!

/Mats

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 10:05 am

When I taught art I liked to affix canvases to the ceiling or underneath tables, so we could paint overhead like Michelangelo.

Great ideas!

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 1:18 pm

I remember walking around an old mansion with portraits hung up high on the walls, it was an unnerving experience. The eyes of the portraits almost seemed accusing, judging, almost as if they were watching as they looked down on all of us. My first instinct was to start running which I had to fight against to keep in the orderly queue. It felt like spiders were crawling across my back. Thankfully they weren't, but there was a great sense of unease I had about the place. Which wasn't helped by the expensive but garish furniture that gave the impression that whilst the mansion had been previously occupied it had never truly been lived in. I turned out to be right, the previous occupants when they were alive had spent most of their time living apart in different houses they also owned and the mansion had largely been to show off their wealth.