Has anyone ever felt they had a undiscovered condition?

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

katzhutte
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Dec 2021, 12:39 am

I have very bad health anxieties - I definitely have katzhutte disease

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 11:43 am

I think that I do NOT fit into pathological demand avoidance profile although I concluded that I have "pathological nonconformism syndrome", "inability" to deal with larger difficults or sufferings (like inappriopiate temperatures which could be associated with showers). If someone demands something pleasurable and easy for me, I have no problem with doing it. I have "extremely hedonistic" nature. I do not feel the need of having occupational job, having social pension is not a cause of shame for my mentality. I had no speech delay - I read that speech delay is one of a symptom of pathological demand avoidance syndrome.

I think that my sister quite probably has "nicer" case of my sort of pervasive developmental disorder, which is different from "classic" autism and pathological demand avoidance syndrome. I am more disabled than higher-functioning individuals on the autism spectrum despite not having many "typical" ASD traits. I think in words, have not experience sensory overloads, had no more significant problems with figurative langaue. I think that people like I may be mislabelled in North America as having just a form of nonverbal learning disorder or a personality disorder, but harmfully as not having certain form of "autism", "pervasive developmental disorder", "mental illness". My condition is severe mental health problem. It makes you seriously "eccentric" and unsuitable for this cruel word.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 9:29 pm

I also have considered PDA. Ask me to make the bed, brush my teeth, call somebody and I am filled with dread or otherwise frozen. But ask me to enter and sort and a 10,000 line spreadsheet (with no deadline) and I am happy as punch, whatever that expression means.