Fire Emblem Fates 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Fire Emblem Echoes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Fire Emblem Three Houses 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 7

Owaain
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Nov 2021, 6:31 pm

Hi ! I am seeking peoples who play Fire Emblem in order to talk a bit. what's your favorite game from the franchise, dumb story to tell...

I would also like to discuss about you idea for what make a good map, favorite maps, storytelling in the franchise...

enz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 7:04 pm

I Played three houses with the black eagles pretty good game

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 8:22 pm

I picked Genealogy. It has one of the best stories and world's of any FE. I love the generation system and the characters.

Honorable mentions go to:
Thracia 776
Blazing Blaze
Path of Radiance
Radiant Dawn

I like all of them tbh.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

Owaain
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Nov 2021, 12:13 pm

my favorite is Thracia, with honorable mention going to Path Of Radiance

I loved Genealogy of the Holy War but I struggle a lot to replay it

I love the design philosophy and the world building of Biding Blade but I gave up on hard mode due to the ambush spawn.

I still loved this game on NM and project amber and I will probably replay it after editing those ambush spawn out of the game.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 3:56 pm

My favorite is Geneolgy of the Holy Wars. The story and the impact the characters had were awesome (and Eldigan is awesome!).

Others that I like as well:
Blazing Blade
Binding Blade
Path of Radiance
Shadow Dragon
Mystery of the Emblem

I haven't played Shadows of Valentia but it seems like it would be a good game to play. I also played Radiant Dawn but without supports the game quickly got boring(I like support conversations in games cause it gives more depth to characters though the recent ones have been kind of lacking in that department despite having them).

I personally like the older ones more than the newer Fire Emblem games.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

Owaain
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Nov 2021, 4:18 pm

Same for me, I loved Genealogy of the holy war but I knew a certain event would happen (With A guy)
It still made me feel bad, but FE4 wasn't my best moment playing FE PoR didn't felt so good due to it's slowness, but I will probably replay it soon, I still have some great memory from this one

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 5:30 pm

I think at this point Fire Emblem Heroes spoiled the big surprise at the Battle of Belhalla. Path of Radiance is slow but I give them a pass cause it was the first fire emblem that was 3D.

Now to answer the question of storytelling. I think good stories in Fire Emblem are ones that have multiple impactful characters(whether good or bad), have a build up to possible surprises, and(this is the biggest one) The characters in the game actually portray what they are in battle and in the story! Fe4 did this pretty well such as fighting Eldigan and you can cause him to retreat with Lachesis showing his knight-like personality isn't his ONLY personality, most characters wouldn't stand a chance against him or fighting Ishtar or Julius(Julius in battle making a game out of it and not caring about his troops or his people story and gameplay showing how corrupt he was by Loptous). They were as powerful and influential story wise as well as gameplay wise. Black Knight is another one, unless you had Ragnell or was a Laguz king you could not fight him what-so-ever. But even he wasn't the be all end all because Caneghis caused him to retreat so even he knew that. Too many times in Fire Emblem(even the GBA ones) do they describe strong characters only for them to be weaker than how they were built up to be(Karel I'm looking at you! Zephiel I got my eye on you as well). Another is to not have one character solve everything and everyone depend on said character(most recent FE games) Robin, Corrin, Byleth/leader of one of the Three Houses, Ike in general(but to a lesser degree). Three Houses is nice from a gameplay standpoint but story wise it lacks depth because we have all these nobles and strong warriors in Seiros from different places and their impact seem to be almost non-existent.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

Owaain
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Nov 2021, 5:46 pm

I loved the Julius thing in FE4, another thing I liked with the Jugdral serie was the chapter 14 of Thracia, at the end, despite having a scroll busted army that obliterated everything on the map, the Thracian army, combined with the Loptryan army made me feel the heroe's despair, Thracia was really strong at this, at least on it's early game (I remember the bloody battle of the river finishing with only one death on the enemy side because of warp)

I personally like when, in the top of having multiple relevant character, perma death is used at it's full potential (the idea of replacing the best units by the worst one), when both combine (PoR and Thracia for the exemple) It feel great

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 4:36 pm

I have never played Fire Emblem due to my sight issues meaning it's not as easily accessible, although I have read up on it a lot. I honestly think that Fates isn't as bad as everyone thinks (although thee are still issues with it) and that parts of the Three Hoses fandom should stop defending Edelgard with arguments that don't even fit anon. (Three Houses also had some issues for me, but I still like a lot of its characters and themes.)

LittleSnowyOne
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Feb 2022, 1:01 am

I have played every American-localized Fire Emblem besides Radiant Dawn and Fates: Revelations. I own both and plan on playing them when I have time.

I am also playing Binding Blade, but I'm stuck on the goshdarn desert map...

My two main game crushes are both Fire Emblem characters (Dimitri from Three Houses and Carter - my male avatar - from Awakening).

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2022, 3:12 am

LittleSnowyOne wrote:
I have played every American-localized Fire Emblem besides Radiant Dawn and Fates: Revelations. I own both and plan on playing them when I have time.

I am also playing Binding Blade, but I'm stuck on the goshdarn desert map...

My two main game crushes are both Fire Emblem characters (Dimitri from Three Houses and Carter - my male avatar - from Awakening).

Radiant Dawn is definitely worth it, especially if you liked Path of Radiance. Revelations.....eh... It's good if you want to use the whole cast and get the rest of the game's lore. And if you're a completionist or you really liked Fates. It's still the worst of the 3 Fates routes.

The desert chapter is brutal in that game. Be prepared to deal with wyverns, mages, bishops, brigands, and dragons. You should use a map to find the buried treasure with your thieves. Some of them almost require you to fly your thief to get them unless you want that thief to die (namely the Speed Wings in the southwest). Have sword wielders cover your rear as you advance to deal with the brigand reinforcements from the southwest. Bring any fliers you've been using. Advance steadily but carefully, since you cannot always see the enemy's range. Use torches and the torch staff. Don't bring cavalry, unless you rely on Clarine for healing. Ellen and Saul are the way to go. (You've played enough Fire Emblem to know general desert chapter tips).
Cecilia can handle wyverns with aircalibur, but she is quite frail against physical attacks.
Sophia (<3) will be killed in 1 hit by the vast majority of this chapter's enemies and has very low dodge. Make sure she is never in the enemy's range or she will die. She's very hard to level up and hard to recommend using over Rey/Raigh. Rey is balanced, while Sophia is stronger but slower. I still like her though.
Attack the boss from range with anima magic to counter his Light Brand (iirc?). When you reach the area around the boss, have Sophia 'Wait' on a plains/regular tile within Arcadia's walls and she will find a Guiding Ring. Only Sophia can find this ring, but anyone can use it. If you beat the chapter within a set number of turns, you can get a gaiden chapter.

I also crush on Dimitri lol. I'm saving his route for last. Bernadetta, Dorothea, and Edelgard are also Three Houses crushes for me.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides