Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 3:45 am

Why do God need protection (anti-blasphemy laws), if "He" is almighty?

Why do religious people want blasphemers punished by human society, if they believe God would intervene anyway?

You religious people never answered this age old question. It proves you're all wrong.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 4:51 am

God does not need protecting.

It is the difference between a man made religion and a real relationship with God.

You may not understand what I am saing here, but I agree with you when you say that God does not need protecting.

I have actually argued this same point with people from a certain religion which are very militant if they hear someone say something against their God. If He is their God, then He is more then able to protect Himself.
They have een taught that they have to protect God, but the act of doing this denies God as being sovereign and in control, as if God is really God, He can easily protect Himself.

Look. I have seen God take people who came against him or against people who love Him. I have seen it, where the people planned to kill those who love him. I have seen gods protection, and a fair few times I have seen people either seriously injured or killed because they came against his people.

History shows this. God protective hand. Miriacles.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 5:57 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
God does not need protecting.

It is the difference between a man made religion and a real relationship with God.

You may not understand what I am saing here, but I agree with you when you say that God does not need protecting.

I have actually argued this same point with people from a certain religion which are very militant if they hear someone say something against their God. If He is their God, then He is more then able to protect Himself.
They have een taught that they have to protect God, but the act of doing this denies God as being sovereign and in control, as if God is really God, He can easily protect Himself.

Wise words, spoken from a religious person who also has a rational mind.

Since god is almighty and sovereign, "protecting" god through religious laws only deepens the valley between people of faith and those without. It only causes harm.

Also, god does not need missionaries either. God reveals himself to those whom god reveals himself to. You can't make faith compulsory.

Also, god prefers his name to be spelled with a g, not a capital G. Because god does not need all this pomp and circumstance. God is personal, it's not something to celebrate collectively.

Killing in the name of god is wrong.

But it is also wrong to do good in the name of god, because it removes the goodness from the person doing the good, and placing it unto someone else (god).

God wants us to do good (like charity or other kindness) - but not because he told us. It must come from within. Good deeds become meaningless if done for the sake of salvation or other rewards.