Page 4 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:19 am

ElvenNeko wrote:
I know... that is why after almost 18 years of searching at least someone i would enjoy talking to i am ready to give up on social connections. Searching without any results is exausting and waste of time.

It is exhausting. Those of us who find interacting with people to be work get tired. And dating is a lot of work.

My aunts on my Mum's side are super social people and can't get their heads around why I've given up. They thrive on talking to other people and going out for drinks etc

I'm just too tired.

Valforwing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Nov 2021, 8:33 pm

For me I’m attached to personality. Careing, understanding, patient. Laid back but willing to work together. It’s been a hard year. And it doesn’t really look like it will get better anytime soon. I hope I do find love again. Someone who wants me and wants to hopefully be a dad.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 9:10 pm

^ You found love before then.

Shy_Aspergers_Lady
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Nov 2021, 8:58 am

To me, no-one is perfect, but anyway, I think looking for love is one of the worst things to do to yourself. I think it's better to just see where it takes you. Let it happen naturally. Not the whirlwind romance kind. It's up to you, at the end of the day. I just think that people are in too much of a hurry to find someone, at times. You have years to find the right person. Just because your friends might all be in relationships, getting married, having children, etc, it doesn't mean that you should be in a rush to find it, because they are them, and you are you. :santa: :rendeer:

Shy_Aspergers_Lady
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Nov 2021, 9:02 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I wonder what the authors criteria for a dream date was. How he determined only 26 women would be suitable girlfriends for him. As well as how he determined the percent of women that would find him attractive.

Just seems there are some holes in his theory potentially or at least room for them.

It does seem dodgy. :(