Another "devastating event" at Alec Baldwin's movie set.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 8:01 pm

Quote:
The Rust film has been hit with another “devastating event” after a crew member was bitten by a venomous spider while packing up the set.

Lamp operator and pipe rigger Jason Miller faces losing his arm after being bitten by a brown recluse spider while winding down production in New Mexico.

According to a Just Giving crowd-funding page, Mr Miller soon came down with severe symptoms, including necrosis of his arm and sepsis, and is currently in hospital.

“He has been hospitalised and endured multiple surgeries each day as doctors do their best to stop the infection and try to save his arm from amputation,” the crowd-funding page says, according to Sky News.

“It will be a very long road to recovery for Jason if the medical team is able to save his arm.

“If under worse circumstances he loses his arm, this is a life-changing and devastating event for Jason and his family.”

Source: https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/rust-crew-member-may-lose-arm-after-deadly-spider-bite/news-story/519321d002a183f926355d7e5bbb18ef

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 8:15 pm

Is this film cursed? Is the set built on an old Indian burial ground?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 8:17 pm

Oh dear God, that's horrible!

Abort mission. Abandon this nightmare of a film!

Prayers for Mr Miller. :(

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 8:23 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Is this film cursed? Is the set built on an old Indian burial ground?

Who knows... It is apparently built near a "ghost town" dating to the late 1800's, but there is mention of the Spanish having forced the Pueblo to mine turquoise and other items in the area during the 1500's and 1600's, so it is possible.

From the article, it also appears that what occurred there may have all been for nothing:
Quote:
The set of the western film has been shut down since Hutchins’ death, while Baldwin has acknowledged it’s unlikely the movie will ever be completed.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 7:29 pm

OMG

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 2:46 pm

Wow.Time to just give up on the project.
He had a severe reaction.Usually they don’t get that bad.For most people it will just be a sunken flat black scab.
They are common here.I’ve been bitten more than once and never rotted.If I looked around in a dark closet I bet I could find one, or two…