Would you date me if I were at my goal weight of 140?

Page 10 of 12 [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

smartHulk
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Nov 2021, 10:46 am

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
Ummmm....hate to say this but I wanted to dress metal in hopes that I would attract those kinds of guys rather than boring guys.

9 out of 10 guys casually wearing metal outfits I personally know are pretty freaking boring, usually software engineers or dorks from IT departments, I'm basically one of those guys. Couple guys who actually play death metal or throw underground electronic music parties I know are executive managers and look as boring as it gets when they are not performing.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 3:20 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The skimpiness of the dress is what stands out even more than the red.

And her hair is pretty nice, too.

But if she had nothing other than these "attributes," I certainly wouldn't dig her.

I tend to like "normal-average" looking women than model types.
I like it when some facet of a woman is odd. I find different anatomies interesting.

There's a woman at work who has a really enchanting voice----and I would date her if I wasn't married. Her voice is really quite enchanting, actually! Very soothing.

She's at least 25 years younger than I am. She's rather overweight. She's at least a biracial person. She has no problem with the fact that she carries a few more pounds than many women.

In an evolutionary context, wasting energy on an unachievable goal simply wastes energy on an achievable goal. ;)

Using an evolutionary context, the primary goal of life is the procreation of life.
Evolution favours those who embrace this concept, even if it is only on a subliminal level.
Realistic "hunting strategies" produce greater results. :mrgreen:

It is interesting to see the fruits of the evolution process.
The phenomenon of "luv", with its mind-bending consequences, is one of the more fascinating ones. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 3:41 pm

Skjald wrote:
smartHulk wrote:
My point was it is wrong and infantile in itself to judge any look you don't like as "Unaesthetic and infantile".

It didn’t come across at all.

Anyway, I disagree.
I didn’t even say it was in fact, objectively, measurably infantile and unaesthetic, I said “I find it to be” which means in my OPINION it was and there is nothing infantile about having an opinion about an outfit. If it was people would generally be infantile, all of them, because they have lots of opinions about everything.

In addition to that words have meaning and definitions and describe something. People associate certain things with words.
If you said to people imagine a person dressed like an infant/infantile, most people's mind would come up with something way closer to the colour vomit ones and probably no one with the "Stereotypical heavy metal outfits" no matter how ugly and unaesthetic they thought the style was.

But it doesn't matter, we won't find any common ground.

CATFIGHT! :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 3:44 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The person I’m talking about would be considered slightly overweight even during the Zaftig Victorian Era. She is sort of short and stubby—but cute :heart:

She sounds like me. :scratch: <joke> :mrgreen:
I actually look like an Adonis. 8)
Quote:
In Greek mythology, Adonis was the god of beauty and desire. Originally, he was a god worshipped in the area of Phoenicia (modern – day Lebanon), but was later adopted by the Greeks. According to the most popular belief, he was the son of Theias, king of Syria, and Myrrha (also known as Smyrna), Theias' daughter.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 3:47 pm

Flown wrote:
I'm demisexual, so I wouldn't date/be attracted to anyone without an emotional bond. Weight wouldn't be a factor.

It is a pity you are an exception to the prevailing "rule". :?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 3:51 pm

Ummmm....hate to say this but I wanted to dress metal in hopes that I would attract those kinds of guys rather than boring guys.

Did it work? :scratch:

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 3:59 pm

Pepe wrote:

Nope. If I be my true self, I have nothing to offer anyone. This includes my most female friends because they are obsessed with fashion and makeup. I outgrew both and would rather focus on things like cryptozoology and Pusheen than the new eyeshadow palette coming out. Most guys I know are into wrestling, sports, country and rap music. That’s boring stuff.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Last edited by xxZeromancerlovexx on 16 Nov 2021, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 4:04 pm

Pepe wrote:

Nope.

What is your plan 'B'?
The loose weight thingy? :scratch:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 4:04 pm

Where do you look?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 4:06 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Where do you look?

Perhaps a scrap metal yard might prove fruitful? :scratch: :mrgreen:

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 4:11 pm

Pepe wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Nope.

What is your plan 'B'?
The loose weight thingy? :scratch:

I’ll work on losing weight as long as I don’t attract people who are boring.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 4:14 pm

If you play your cards right there will come a time when you will wish you could be attracting those boring guys. The Wall always wins. Just saying.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 4:16 pm

rse92 wrote:

If you play your cards right there will come a time when you will wish you could be attracting those boring guys. The Wall always wins. Just saying.

What wall? When I talk to any of my friends it’s like I’m talking to a brick wall.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 4:38 pm

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Where do you look?

Perhaps a scrap metal yard might prove fruitful? :scratch: :mrgreen:

With just a few pieces of scrap and a MIG welder anyone can make themselves an interesting and handsome metal dude.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 4:39 pm

The problem might be that most people are boring.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 4:50 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

The problem might be that most people are boring.

Agreed.
And most relationships are superficial. 8)