Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 1:19 am

I recommend auntblabby

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 9:05 am

If your age really is 65 (getting the correct age displayed on WP is confusing) then it seems you may have recently joined me on Medicare and if you think it applies, then note that Medicare Part B provides some coverage for "Mental health". If you don't think that is appropriate then never-mind; if you do think that is appropriate then, I'm sorry, I don't know exactly what is involved. Medicare provided partial (as in small part partial) reimbursement for my Adult Autism Assessment—I don't know whether that was affected because I used a psychologist who did not coordinate with any insurance providers, including Medicare.

You also mention having been a "military electronic countermeasures technician". If that means you were in the military then maybe some veterans organizations or the VA could help. Maybe even just in providing a chance to meet other people.

But, something that is definitely available to you is Wrong Planet! Welcome! Explore carefully. If a discussion gets unpleasant I recommend leaving that thread but not the whole planet. And remember that WP attracts a neurodiverse crowd...a lot of people here have assorted difficulties so please be gentle with us.

P.S. I retired from computers. I think it was a good field for an Aspie.

Old Sad Sack
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Sep 2022, 10:37 am

Double Retired wrote:
P.S. I retired from computers. I think it was a good field for an Aspie.

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate that. My medical coverage is well managed and I'm content / stoical about being a homebody. Computers are indeed the niche that came to my rescue. I've been working from home for many years, even before the pandemic. I believe I joined here similar to the original poster - to just make a connection with people who understand what it's like to have my social handicap and how it has shaped what I am.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 12:23 pm

We are comfortably retired and have few compelling reasons to leave home.

Besides being an Aspie I am also strongly MBTI INTJ. I've always liked being home. Even more so now that it is our COVID bunker.

My bride is ADHD and therefore not content staying home. :?