Poll ended at 14 Nov 2021, 10:03 am
yes ,am spending holiday meal with family. 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
no ,have plans only to be by myself . 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 10:03 am

its another year , and last 14 yrs spent every holiday alone . But this year . Friend s invites me to visit AFTERthe holiday for a few days . 2nd time in 2 yrs since i know them. But they make it a point to tell me that they are spending that day with their older children and their children .
But this is the first year am digesting the idea of having no one to physically be around after 14 yrs of this . No family contacts ...those friends live very far,away . And if i want to see them
must drive about 800 miles round trip. This Covid stuff has only served to point out how alone people can be. Having Autism .Certainly doesnt help. But has allowed me to rationalise away ,Being alone .This is going to be a Rough holiday season i feel. Open to any thoughts about how to cope better on these holidays coming up . Have seen being a person whom like to drink liqour seems to increase likelyhood getting a invite . To somewhere for the holidays . Which seems to be the rule living here , in this area . :chin: :wall: :wall:

where ever you go ,there you are

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 11:50 pm

I'll just be with my mom and my NT sister.

My NT sister and I also have hopes that our two bigoted uncles don't show up to ruin everything.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 4:06 am

hard to recall how bad it can be to see certain relatives . but it was just the right thing to offer,
as a reminder of how sometimes, Some people can be better remembered at a distance
TY . :oops:

where ever you go ,there you are