Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Erjoy29
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Nov 2021, 8:08 pm

I have 3 ASD friends. 2 that I see in person sometimes and 1 I rarely see in person. We completely get each other which is so rare and so refreshing. It is perfect.

I have a handful of NT friends but they tend to have a very low income, mental illness(es), alcohol or drug addiction and possible crime history. Rough people. They have some good qualities but also significant problems in their lives.

My family doesn’t want me to be with those NT people. But I’ve completely given up on reaching out to people in general. I’m really tired of all the rejection I faced. I don’t want to go through that anymore. I prefer to go where things feel safe and comfortable. Maybe this will change someday. Idk. But… who are your friends? Maybe it will give me ideas? Common interests count for a lot I know.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 8:43 pm

I have a friend that I've known since middle school and that still lives in the same county as me, but we don't see each other IRL anymore and haven't for a few years. The rest of my friends live in different states or countries and I've never met them IRL.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2021, 8:46 pm

I don't have any.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 4:23 am

I have two from high school. Both of them are very sweet people and i am so grateful i have them. Another friend lives in another city but we sort of lost contact.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 8:13 am

Actors, writers and other artists, all of whom are somewhat to very eccentric. I just don't seem to form relationships, even casual ones, with mainstream people.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 9:55 am

My wife, our kids, our cat, and my computer.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 10:19 am

Quite a tricky question for me because of how I base what makes someone a friend to me.

All I can say that friends are simply people who are mutually involved in some personal way, and mutually honor that connection.

I have many but none I hang out on daily basis.
Not even my sister or my mother.
We simply have our own lives to focus on.

I have friends I never talked nor seen for several years.
I have acquiatances who I interact and contact on daily basis and are not considered my friends.

The latter are never involved in my personal life in any way, nor did have any mutually significant impact on each other like all my friends ever had.

And if I meet friends again, it's easy for me to reacquiant with them as if nothing happened in between.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 12:55 pm

1. My oldest and possibly best friend, 500 km away, I've seen her IRL two times in the last 10 years.
2. A former GF, 500 km away, I've seen her once in the last 10 years.
3. A former GF, 300 km road plus 200 km ferry away, I've seen her once in the last 10 years.
It just takes too long to travel, and it's expensive. I wish I could see them more often!

/Mats

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 4:54 pm

Erjoy29 wrote:
I have 3 ASD friends. 2 that I see in person sometimes and 1 I rarely see in person. We completely get each other which is so rare and so refreshing. It is perfect.

I have a handful of NT friends but they tend to have a very low income, mental illness(es), alcohol or drug addiction and possible crime history. Rough people. They have some good qualities but also significant problems in their lives.

My family doesn’t want me to be with those NT people. But I’ve completely given up on reaching out to people in general. I’m really tired of all the rejection I faced. I don’t want to go through that anymore. I prefer to go where things feel safe and comfortable. Maybe this will change someday. Idk. But… who are your friends? Maybe it will give me ideas? Common interests count for a lot I know.

well my two best friends I have is someone from a rich and famous and powerful family and I just happened to get to know him by chance and we bonded and everything.he is a a great guy.I have another friend who was in one of my classes in school and we have kept up with eachother.I have lots of friends in town at church.Also, I have many friends from high school a lot of them are in town but I am not as close to them as the one from the billionaire family.I also have various other friends in real life.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 7:01 pm

I have my two best friends, which I know people get pedantic over, but I truly can't pick a favourite out of the two. However, they don't like each other. Well, it's not that they hate one another, they've just never emotionally connected in the same way I connect with both of them. Each friend has a separate peer group and sometimes I'm invited to plans on the same day and it can feel as if I'm picking a team. I have friends in both of their peer groups as well as being friends with both of them.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

18 Dec 2021, 9:27 pm

Many, which I have met in a variety of ways over the years.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 11:20 am

Mostly one friend I hike with about once a month. I have two old friends I also see when I can, but they live in different states. That's pretty good for me, in real life. Mostly, I'd consider pets friends. I find those attachments harder to break.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2021, 9:35 am

I have a partner and a daughter who I see every day.

I have a dog.

I have a friend I used to live with who moved to Australia years ago and I write messages to him very occasionally. I have a couple of friends left over from a writers group I used to attend who I see maybe once every couple of years. I have a friend who I used to work with who I see about the same frequency.

I'd add that none of these people have ever contacted me, I always initiate contact, so make of that what you will.

I would actually love to have real life friends who I saw regularly and did stuff with but I don't seem to be able to do that.