Should i go back to church and small group???I am vaxxed.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Go to my religious activities or not.
Go to church and small group 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Watch Online 75%  75%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 8

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 1:57 am

Hello I am debating on whether I should go to church on sundays and wednesdays and meet indoors at members houses after services.We would share food at each others homes.I have just been watching services online for most of the pandemic.The leadership does not really believe in following covid restictions that are reccomended by the FDA and the whole church but me hates Fauci.Also, a lot of them are into garbage unproven treatments.At least 200 people will be at the sunday morning service and sunday school and there's a whole lot of singing in real close proximity with people right next to each other.I think some of them are or were into buying ivermectin from Tractor Supply to ingest orally for COVID sadly.

Most people in my area think COVID is no big deal and thats reflected in the eldership. The elders are trying to pressure us to go back to services before the pandemic ends because they dont think watching online is good enough and is not "real worship".Also people give handshakes and hugs and we have many older members and a lot of them dont believe in covid precautions like the vaccine or masks or social distancing.I think people at my church may very well get covid and pass away because of our horrible leadership.I think the church is staying open so they can keep the donations rolling in.I think they are putting many people in grave danger.I have been vaxxed so is it safe for me to start going back because I dont want to give it to other people.If not,i wonder when I will go back to church and also would yall go to the weekly small group.People have already gotten covid because of covid.Our pastor went on and on that covid was no big deal and he like got it once maybe twice.Nobody at church or small group socially distances that I know of.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 7:23 pm

I'll just tell you what decisions I have made. I have had 2 doses of the moderna vaccine and just got the booster.

I attend church via zoom.

I do not go inside into anyone's home without a mask.

I limit my visit to grocery store, etc., and wear a mask when I have to go in.

I do not eat in pubic places like restaurants.

I am almost 68 years old and have health problems too. Covid would likely kill me. I'd like to live long enough to enjoy some retirement activities.

I think that regardless of what others think, you have to look at your old health status and make your own assessment.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 5:35 pm

Watch online, but this is your decision and your decision only.

My NT sister watches Mass online, but primarily because she can't stand fussy children nor "snobs."

Do any people in your congregation have fussy children or act like snobs?

DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Dec 2021, 3:23 pm

Matthew 18:20
"For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

That's all it takes. Find another church that manifests Godly intelligence.

Being right doesn't mean taking scriptures out of context, yelling louder, forcing fear or authority, going with every new conspiracy theory or alternative remedy. Doesn't sound to me like they are providing good leadership.

Your first obligation is to your God, and like Jonah found out, he's everywhere, not just in church.

Stay home, stay safe, don't add to the problem.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2021, 4:22 pm

These are the same folk that threaten hell for drinking alcohol you have mentioned?

Can you find a Church that is closer to your style and desire to follow Covid protocols? Even if too Liberal?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 4:27 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

My NT sister watches Mass online, but primarily because she can't stand fussy children nor "snobs."

We have fussy children....Many of our members on Sunday morning could be considered snobs due to them thinking its better to wear your Sunday best and a lot of them believe in having the latest and greatest.My parents are having small group at our house with a bunch of people who dont believe in Fauci.Also the leadership and their wives are a bunch of status-oriented snob-like people.The churches of Christ have historically had having kids as a big part of the religion.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 15 Dec 2021, 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 4:33 am

The_Znof wrote:
These are the same folk that threaten hell for drinking alcohol you have mentioned?

Can you find a Church that is closer to your style and desire to follow Covid protocols? Even if too Liberal?

No my own church of Christ is already too liberal for me and I dont know of any good churches of Christ in town or anywhere really that are conservative and traditional yet believes in Covid protocols.Every church of Christ I know has a rule where you go to Hell if you drink a beer or a glass of wine but I am in the process of forming a church of Christ congregation that would be better suited for me.They also have a rule that you go to Hell if have one drink at a restaurant but the church I will start will be friendlier to alcohol.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 15 Dec 2021, 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 4:37 am

DoniiMann wrote:
Matthew 18:20
"For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

That's all it takes. Find another church that manifests Godly intelligence.

Being right doesn't mean taking scriptures out of context, yelling louder, forcing fear or authority, going with every new conspiracy theory or alternative remedy. Doesn't sound to me like they are providing good leadership.

Your first obligation is to your God, and like Jonah found out, he's everywhere, not just in church.

Stay home, stay safe, don't add to the problem.

Thanks I am going to stay home from services till the Pandemic is over.The church leadership publically rebuked me and cyberbullied me for wanting them to follow covid safety.My family is basically stuck at this church of Christ until we move.The church leadership said basically the decided it was no big deal and they decided it was a part of a conspiracy to destory America despite 800,000 Americans being dead.My church is so ignorant when it comes to Covid.Should i not go on anymore vacations either?There are no churches of Christ in Texas that would be suitable for me in doctrine and Covid safety so I am trying to start my own.

DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Dec 2021, 4:58 pm

[/quote]
Every church of Christ I know has a rule where you go to Hell if you drink a beer or a glass of wine but I am in the process of forming a church of Christ congregation that would be better suited for me.They also have a rule that you go to Hell if have one drink at a restaurant but the church I will start will be friendlier to alcohol.[/quote]

Better not tell Jesus that he's going to Hell. Several verses tie him to alcohol.

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 4:23 am

Your choice mate benefit vs. risk.

I have no idea who Fauci is.

If you do choose to go anywhere take measures to minimise risk.
The China Virus is once again making it's presence known in another mutated form around where I am.
Over 2000 newly diagnosed cases in my state yesterday.

I work in mainstream medicine so superstitions are just that to me, superstition.
Roll out the science and show me the evidence.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 7:14 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

We have fussy children....Many of our members on Sunday morning could be considered snobs due to them thinking its better to wear your Sunday best and a lot of them believe in having the latest and greatest. Also the leadership and their wives are a bunch of status-oriented snob-like people.

My mom, my NT sister and I can absolutely relate! :x

During my years as an usher at my old Catholic parish, I slowly began to feel
as if I was repeating high school! So many people in the congregation acted as if being Catholic was the coolest thing in the world or as if being a hypocrite was a good way to please God.

Several years ago, my NT sister became very ill and when word spread, people made fun of us as if we became threats to our parish. Even the priest wasn't much of a help, so I felt as if God was giving us "the bird" which made this period nightmarish to the point where the word "nightmarish" would IMO have been an understatement.

My NT sister managed to make a full recovery.

Last year however, the priest himself became ill and over the course of last year and this year,
I have managed to forgive him.