Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jollyio
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Nov 2021, 1:43 pm

I mean, it's generally known how comments online are toxic... but FFS, I was just on a video with a cat in it, just a cat, and people were calling each other "idiots" (with thousands of upvotes too) and all other sorts... humans need to go extinct...

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 1:48 pm

yes, it draws me in, even if its just 90% obnoxious morons spouting off, most times i still wanna see what people have to say

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 1:51 pm

I do read YouTube comments a lot, and there seems to be a lot of mean comments, not so much about the video but to other commenters.

I feel humiliated when somebody writes something nasty to me, and I get inclined to delete my comment. I always write kind things to other commenters, and if I don't agree with someone I just don't reply at all. It is better to say nothing than to hurt someone's feelings. Shame more people can't have this mindset.

The way I see it, writing just one mean comment to a stranger could do more damage than what you intended. You don't really know what could be going on in their lives and it could take one insensitive comment to push them over the edge.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 7:09 pm

I try not to read comments on you tube if I'm watching ABBA as some comments can be very Toxic.
People making rude comments about the members, some are cruel.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 7:13 pm

Sometimes, and they are toxic. The people who comment are, ironically, the ones I'm trying to impress (since many of them have the same interests).

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 7:16 pm

I just discovered what a YT channel was about a month ago, and figured out how to comment or use the chat.

It was pretty intense and not for the weak of heart. There were a lot of sick comments and attitudes.

It was my first time using a non-autism communication board.

I doubt I'll be commenting any more because it was so scary, but it's still interesting to read.

NyborE6
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Nov 2021, 8:14 pm

Yes, I do read them. Some comments can be insightful and interesting. I just try to overlook the bad comments.

Animal lover. Vegan. Self-diagnosed. Loves cake.
AQ: 40 || Aspie Score: 115/200 | NT Score: 77/200

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 6:29 pm

NyborE6 wrote:
Some comments can be insightful and interesting. I just try to overlook the bad comments.

Me too.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 6:35 pm

I mostly watch youtube on the T.V with the app, and that doesn't really show the comments. But in the past I did look at the comments more and it did seem pretty toxic so I figure its probably best for my mental health to not see the comments.

If there is a video I really feel the need to say something about, I may log onto YouTube on my laptop so I can access the comments. But mostly I find youtube better to watch than read.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 9:57 pm

I generally try not to read comments on anything that's publicly posted, YT or otherwise...far too toxic for me.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 10:04 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I generally try not to read comments on anything that's publicly posted, YT or otherwise...far too toxic for me.

It s like a car crash, i cant pull my eyes away, i have to look

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 2:51 am

I sometimes read the first few top YouTube comments because usually someone said something really clever and or funny.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 6:03 am

Yes and I almost always wish I hadn't. It's a peculiar form of masochism.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 9:07 pm

theprisoner wrote:

Maybe that's my problem, I don't like to look at car crashes either.
Like, I hope everyone's okay, but I don't want to risk seeing something gruesome.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 11:06 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
Yes and I almost always wish I hadn't. It's a peculiar form of masochism.

That's why I just use the app on my T.V...if I look at youtube on my computer where I can see the comments it is far to tempting to look at them and be sucked into the toxcisity, even though I know I'll regret it. If I am watching it with the app it doesn't show the comment section and I will have the hassle of having to log onto my computer and look up the video to read the comments if I want to, which I am usually too lazy to do.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 11:07 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
theprisoner wrote:

Maybe that's my problem, I don't like to look at car crashes either.
Like, I hope everyone's okay, but I don't want to risk seeing something gruesome.

I always look, not that I for sure want to see something gruesome...I just kinda want to know like what happened.