Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Erjoy29
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Nov 2021, 7:44 pm

Who else feels the same way? I am 32 but since my teens, 20’s and 30’s it’s like, okay, a little fun and excitement is cool. But I mostly want to be left the F alone. Most don’t accept me so screw them. I like to drink a bit and over analyze poems, song lyrics, story books and so much more. Maybe I could’ve offered others many valuable perspectives but they see my disability right away and discriminate right off the bat. They always think I am so ret*d. No openness whatsoever but if they were open, the reward could be immense. That is fine. I make immense peace with my own perspectives. They are losing. My alone time is very meditative and it gives me far more peace and strength than some small human can. If both goddesses and gods exists, they all know how to support me. And all elements in weather. We are not as tiny as we think.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 5:48 am

I also feel the same way. Since childhood i often felt like an old soul and "mature" for my age. Probably because i tried to be quiet and non disruptive during my school years.
I also get along better with the elderly and often don't feel i have anything in common with my peers. They are Just way too active and energetic and adventurous.

I like my quiet life and self reflections too. Despite some depressive episodes i am generally content with my life and who i am. And even the depressive episodes are generally caused by outside expectations and other people's rude behaviors.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 3:30 pm

Erjoy29 wrote:
Who else feels the same way? I am 32 but since my teens, 20’s and 30’s it’s like, okay, a little fun and excitement is cool. But I mostly want to be left the F alone. Most don’t accept me so screw them. I like to drink a bit and over analyze poems, song lyrics, story books and so much more. Maybe I could’ve offered others many valuable perspectives but they see my disability right away and discriminate right off the bat. They always think I am so ret*d. No openness whatsoever but if they were open, the reward could be immense. That is fine. I make immense peace with my own perspectives. They are losing. My alone time is very meditative and it gives me far more peace and strength than some small human can. If both goddesses and gods exists, they all know how to support me. And all elements in weather. We are not as tiny as we think.

Yep. Been there.
The irony is exquisite. :mrgreen:

Based on what I have seen, many on the spectrum are treated as though they are ret*d, often simply because we see things differently.
Many autistics have a low self-opinion simply because they don't have good communication skills.
This doesn't mean they lack intelligence.
The irony is, as a group, those on the spectrum have a higher IQ than average Joe Blow.

I am a slow thinker in a real-life situation, but that doesn't mean I have a below-average IQ.
It usually means I don't use heuristics and do on-the-spot hard-yakka thinking. 8)

In most social interactions with acquaintances and strangers, I come away from conversations feeling dirty.
Well, I used to.
A few years ago I decided I had enough and essentially became a suburban recluse.
But then, a lot of that had to do with being gang-stalked. 8O
Life is much better, these days. 8)

Most emotional pain comes from other people.
Reason would suggest avoiding "most people". 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 3:34 pm

AprilR wrote:
I also feel the same way. Since childhood i often felt like an old soul and "mature" for my age. Probably because i tried to be quiet and non disruptive during my school years.
I also get along better with the elderly and often don't feel i have anything in common with my peers. They are Just way too active and energetic and adventurous.

I like my quiet life and self reflections too. Despite some depressive episodes i am generally content with my life and who i am. And even the depressive episodes are generally caused by outside expectations and other people's rude behaviors.

In addition to this, the more intelligent the person I interact with, the greater the comfort, usually. 8)

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 6:45 am

I am 70 today but even at 15, 20, 30, 35, 40 (etc) I found my best peace and pleasure in being alone. Many others do too. Do what is right for you, find what makes life the best it can be, don't worry if others think it is odd or something "old people" do. Being an individual in today's society is much admired, most people are too afraid of not belonging to the herd.. Its perfectly OK to do what is right for you, even if society, family, friends, the media, etc mark that as "strange" or "different" .

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 9:56 am

I’ve been an “old man” since my 30s. It’s made my transition info actual “old man-hood” easier.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 3:56 pm

I used to live the life of an old person when I was in my late teens and early 20s. I was unemployed at the time and would spend most days volunteering for charity, I caught the buses a lot, I listened to old music, I liked to be in bed by 10pm most nights and I never glamoured myself up or go out partying.

I'd say about 99.99% of 17 to 24-year-olds that aren't religious or severely disabled do not live that lifestyle. :oops:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 4:01 pm

autisticelders wrote:
I am 70 today but even at 15, 20, 30, 35, 40 (etc) I found my best peace and pleasure in being alone. Many others do too. Do what is right for you, find what makes life the best it can be, don't worry if others think it is odd or something "old people" do. Being an individual in today's society is much admired, most people are too afraid of not belonging to the herd.. Its perfectly OK to do what is right for you, even if society, family, friends, the media, etc mark that as "strange" or "different" .

Agreed. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 4:03 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’ve been an “old man” since my 30s. It’s made my transition info actual “old man-hood” easier.