Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 2:14 pm

I was nervous seeing a totally different doc, but she told me the truth, I was diagnosed with Autism before I moved to the other county... And it was very obvious...

Bipolar 1 changed to shizoaffective bipolar because of a recent bout of psychosis, but she said I was mostly bipolar, and Borderline still the same...

But she hated the meds I was on, she said I was obviously manic today and my meds don't control mania at all... They're getting changed...

Well, I guess I'm not gonna doubt the spectrum thing anymore...

Here's hoping I get more stable soon!! !

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 2:22 pm

I hope that for you, too.

How much more rent are you paying at this new apartment?

I understand why you left your old apartment.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 7:50 pm

Based on income.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 3:59 am

Why would any doctor try and hide that diagnoses from you and say you don't have it?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 4:01 am

Well yeah, autism does not go away...that is why I figure therapies based on making it go away do not work.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 6:07 am

well great that you are getting new info and guidance from the new Dr, and meds adjustments can make all the difference in the world. Our family has had similar struggles and it is always a 'work in progress'. The more self awareness you gain, and the more aware of your moods, etc the better you can manage the therapies to find what works best for you. Self understanding does so much for us, wishing you the best and hoping for you to find the most helpful pathways to give you the best life has to offer. Sounds like a lot of promising developments ahead for you.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 9:32 am

League_Girl wrote:
Why would any doctor try and hide that diagnoses from you and say you don't have it?

My old doc I had in this county I had a hard time to get her to tell me any of my diagnosises because she didn't like labels or something.

This doc said just seeing me for the first time I was currently very manic, and the autism was obvious, plus my giftedness...

She suggests though I don't work until I get under control...

Also I need to stop the whole pot of coffee twice a day :lol: this morning since I had it I brewed mostly decaf with a little caf mixed in...

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 9:35 am

Oh, and she didn't believe in the ADHD diagnosis I had earlier, she said I just resembled it because of my other problems.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 6:35 pm

Agnix, glad to "see" you again. I'm glad you have a supportive, straight-forward dr. That's good for ASD folks. I don't like drs who beat around bushes.

Interesting about the ADHD. My wasn't diagnosed with it, but it seems to apply. I am definitely "over" energetic. So if you were diagnosed, but are not... Conundrum.

I hope you have more stability soon!! !

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 2:42 am

I could definitely see how mania could be mistaken for ADHD. Glad they got your diagnosis corrected!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 2:54 pm

Now remember the fact that being on the spectrum is a part of your human essence!