People trusted to assist in the event of emergencies??

Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 6:31 pm

Jakki wrote:
There should be a national automated service available for the vulnerable that has people check up on them at various intervals, and you just need to sign up for it. Maybe there is in some places, but it seems like a good idea regardless. I'm sure there'd be enough volunteers for such a thing. The disabled and vulnerable get that short end, and just living is often hard enough.

Likes this idea .. and believes it might save a great number of lives……it would be a truley good thing . That being said, it is probably the very reason the gov would be against it. Sadly said.

And hopes Auntblabby anatomy supports his continued existence for at least a few more years ! :D

i'm doing the best i can by maintaining my weight [still size 35] and taking tesla therapy.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Feb 2022, 1:47 am

Jakki wrote:
There should be a national automated service available for the vulnerable that has people check up on them at various intervals, and you just need to sign up for it. Maybe there is in some places, but it seems like a good idea regardless. I'm sure there'd be enough volunteers for such a thing. The disabled and vulnerable get that short end, and just living is often hard enough.

Likes this idea .. and believes it might save a great number of lives……it would be a truley good thing . That being said, it is probably the very reason the gov would be against it. Sadly said.

And hopes Auntblabby anatomy supports his continued existence for at least a few more years ! :D
I really like this idea :wtg: The various potential benefits for the disabled, elderly, & poor can be extremely complicated, confusing, & overwhelming for them to navigate & it could be very helpful for them to have social workers aiding them who are trained to navigate the various programs & systems. A lot of people could live more productive & independent lives if they had the right assistance & support.

The person I list as an emergency contact is my girlfriend who I've been living with for over 9 years now. I moved from Louisiana to Vermont to be with her; the only major thing I liked about Louisiana except family is the food, especially seafood. I never had a close relationship with my parents & I've been much more distinct with everyone else except for my current girlfriend & both my exes. I'm probably a lot better at handling an emergency than Cass is & I'm listed as her live-in-aid/caretaker. We're both disabled & both have major problems living alone but her doc & psych sign off on me being her live-in-aid because she has different benefits than me like SSI, Section 8 Housing, & SNAP/Food Stamps. Only benefits I ever had were SSI & Medicaid & for about the last 11 years it's been Social Security Disability, Medicare, & Medicaid. If I wasn't listed as her live-in-aid, my income would be factored into some of her benefits. She lived alone for a year & she was kinda catatonic when her family wasn't around. Cass has more living skills than me(like cooking, planing shopping trips, filling out paperwork, & taking care of our pets) but her mental issues fluctuate & she's very prone to mood swings & shutdowns & meltdowns. She also can be very forgetful, mishear things, & get confused easily. I have those issues some as well but it's worse for her. I'm kinda ret*d compared to most other people my age & I majorly s#cked in school due to dyslexia whereas Cass is kinda book-smart but she believes that I'm smarter than her because I tend to be more level-headed, logical, & analytical when it comes to making decisions. I was a strategist when I was working 1ce I learned the ropes well & I was very reliable. Cass has a close relationship with some of her family who live an hour away so she lists her mom as a secondary emergency contact. Very thankfully we personally have only had a couple of emergencies which I won't get into now cuz that's enough rambling. It would probably be good for us to have a friend or two to hang out with & talk to about things but neither of us is good at meeting people & making friends. She's kinda worried about me because she talks to her family about most everything whereas she's the only one I talk to about stuff.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition