husband immature obsession with bodily functions

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 3:40 pm

my husband (adhd + personality disorder thinks farts and anything associated with gas is hilarious and always has to comment out loud on it especially when hes friends are round which can be humiliating for me

like the other night his friend was here and we all planning on watching a late night movie
i had a blanket round me and i had a upset stomach so i passed wind discreetly , but then my husband snuggled up next to me under the blanket and smelt it and asked me if i farted and why?
i said what a stupid question then after that i didnt want him keep laughing or commenting throughout the movie so i held the gas in but then my belly began making loud gurgling noises
uh then he asked me if that was my belly gurgling and why?

for goodness sake what do some people find so comical about flatulence its a natural bodily function does it matter if people fart or not i mean he doesnt comments on me sneezing or anything so whats so funny about farts??

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 4:10 pm

I mean I think farts are funny, not really sure why. Me and my boyfriend joke about it if one of us farts because we both find it rather funny. Sometimes if he farts he'll pretend accuse me of it, I do find that pretty funny.

That said I don't get asking 'why did you fart' I don't think that would be all that funny, it is a rather stupid question.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 4:11 pm

My ex showed the kids how to set them on fire.

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 4:21 pm

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 4:38 pm

I don't even see why ANYONE has any sense at all to even like vulgar or toilet humor in general. :eew:

I'm sorry, but they're REALLY gross, okay?!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 4:48 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
I don't even see why ANYONE has any sense at all to even like vulgar or toilet humor in general. :eew:

I'm sorry, but they're REALLY gross, okay?!

Absolutely! :eew:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 4:49 pm

^I don't understand how people don't see the humor... :|

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 4:56 pm

First I'll state this is from the outside looking in. Fight fire with fire. The next time you get your period, go in minute detail about what you found on your pad. A probable response from your husband might be "will you please shut up about your period" Use this as an opening to make a bargain that you'll stop talking about your period if he will stop talking about farting.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 5:08 pm

Personally it isn't the fart itself that is funny it's the reaction.

Here it it the consequence of peeling one off in a confined space that is funny.

And in this clip the farting toy isn't actually funny it's the reaction of Flanders and his kids that is funny.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 10:43 pm

Caz72 wrote:
my husband (adhd + personality disorder thinks farts and anything associated with gas is hilarious and always has to comment out loud on it especially when hes friends are round which can be humiliating for me

like the other night his friend was here and we all planning on watching a late night movie
i had a blanket round me and i had a upset stomach so i passed wind discreetly , but then my husband snuggled up next to me under the blanket and smelt it and asked me if i farted and why?
i said what a stupid question then after that i didnt want him keep laughing or commenting throughout the movie so i held the gas in but then my belly began making loud gurgling noises
uh then he asked me if that was my belly gurgling and why?

for goodness sake what do some people find so comical about flatulence its a natural bodily function does it matter if people fart or not i mean he doesnt comments on me sneezing or anything so whats so funny about farts??

Perhaps you should get a dog, if you haven't already, and blame the farts on it. :mrgreen:

Children enjoy these sorts of things, too. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 10:45 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
^I don't understand how people don't see the humor... :|

Obviously, skunks don't have a problem. 8)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 11:51 pm

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 12:14 am

Most boys and men think farts are hilarious, and it never gets old. That's just the way it is.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 1:02 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Most boys and men think farts are hilarious, and it never gets old. That's just the way it is.

Pretty much.

For me, it is defying social expectations.
People may have noticed. 8)
Social niceties can go jump. :mrgreen:

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 3:09 am

Farts are funny because they reveal a truth - that despite all our intellectual superiority and attempts to civilise ourselves, we still can't completely hide the animal underneath. It occasionally erupts out of us in ways we wish it wouldn't.

Some people are more comfortable with this truth than others. Unfortunately, it's the fact that some are uncomfortable with it that makes it a source of humour. If they weren't then it would indeed be as unfunny as a sneeze.

Personally I don't wish to know what anyone's bowels smell like, and I try not to inflict the smell of my own on anyone else but I can still appreciate the humour of a well-placed fart.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2021, 4:26 am

Dump that chump!

And take up with me. I dont do fart jokes.

Unless they involve birds, and Alexa. :D