Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Aspie With Attitude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Dec 2021, 9:23 pm

I have all sorts of stims and the nature of autistic individuals stimming is like an act of self regulation since it's a challenge for most individuals to hold back most of their energy that the body and the mind are trying to eject.

I always avoid dirty stims and I think I will let someone else specify what they are, unless I give you a couple, "Picking your nose" is one and "chewing your fingernails" is the other.

I also make fantasy test card animation and mix my own music.

Please follow this link to subscribe to my YouTube Channel "Aspie With Attitude" --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL2iDI ... Hb4eeYlodQ

Erebos42
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Dec 2021, 6:38 pm

Pacing
Twirling my beard hair
Fidgeting with machined pens, and other things that have a pleasant tactile feel.
Chewing the inside of my mouth is a body-focused repetitive behavior I'm trying to stop.

GhostBoy_Kas
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Dec 2021, 10:35 am

My most common stims would have to be hand flapping, chewing the inside of my cheek,fidgeting with my lanyard, throwing myself against stuff, scratching, and echolalia

misha00
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Dec 2021, 2:41 pm

Poker, scrabble, chess. Music

Cracking back and knuckles

Pacing

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 5:38 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Tapping my knuckles against a wooden surface.

Also, my legs (usually my right one) pounding hard against a floor in my house.

Could this be an early sign of RLS? My mom thinks I'm faking it.

apex116
Raven
Raven

06 Dec 2021, 6:14 pm

As we can see on here, stimming certainly can be a positive or negative aspect one's person which can also include Neurotypicals to a lesser extent.

https://autismawarenesscentre.com/stimming-the-good-and-bad-of-anxious-behaviours/

Erebos42
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Dec 2021, 6:53 pm

GhostBoy_Kas wrote:
My most common stims would have to be hand flapping, chewing the inside of my cheek,fidgeting with my lanyard, throwing myself against stuff, scratching, and echolalia

Chewing on the inside of my cheek is something I've struggled with for as long as I can remember. Getting braces broke the habit for years, but it eventually came back. Lately it seems like I'm getting it back under control by focusing on my other stimming behaviors, rather than suppressing them. Chewing gum or eating food when I notice myself starting to chew on my cheeks seems to help, too. All that, and a lot of will power when I notice myself starting to do it again.

ConfusedFresher
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2021, 12:44 am

Rocking, chewing cheek, ripping nails off (yes, I know, it’s bad), pacing, echolalia, hand fidgeting, hand flapping sometimes, clapping like a seal (as in with the heels of my hands so it’s quiet but still nice)
Oh and and bending my hair clips out lol