Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

19 Nov 2021, 1:49 pm

Struggled with meeting new people? Who, me? Haha. I think most of us have, it's part if the diagnosis, isn't it?

What we do struggle with is finding out. Luckily you did it. Are you obsessed yet about it? I was pretty into reading it but it might have had something to do with the way I found about it. Reading about someone dear. And then i felt awesome for being like them because i was in awe with her personality and traits. And then i had to deal with the same way i had been treated as a kid only for not 'wearing a mask' which in autistic terms has nothing to do with covid, but it means not pretending. It's a blessing and a curse [like most things?]. What do you like to do? I definitely like raw broccoli. Does that have to do with your name?

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

broccoli58
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Nov 2021, 10:34 pm

CrisChalcedony wrote:
Hi broccoli, I'm new here too and recently diagnosed w/in the last year. I hope you find what you're looking for. :)

I do too thanks! And welcome to Wrong Planet yourself! I'm not really sure what I'm looking for but I'm sure I'll know when I find it. And since I overthink everything I'm sure I'll be looking for something else well beforehand lol

broccoli58
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Nov 2021, 10:49 pm

Rexi wrote:
Struggled with meeting new people? Who, me? Haha. I think most of us have, it's part if the diagnosis, isn't it?

What we do struggle with is finding out. Luckily you did it. Are you obsessed yet about it? I was pretty into reading it but it might have had something to do with the way I found about it. Reading about someone dear. And then i felt awesome for being like them because i was in awe with her personality and traits. And then i had to deal with the same way i had been treated as a kid only for not 'wearing a mask' which in autistic terms has nothing to do with covid, but it means not pretending. It's a blessing and a curse [like most things?]. What do you like to do? I definitely like raw broccoli. Does that have to do with your name?

Hi Rexi!

Yes! My name's Brock, hence the username hehe and yes I've pretty much researched as much as I could about (formerly) Asperger's and autism as a whole. Next is understanding it from others. Which is one of the reasons I'm here haha

It's definitely been a process coming to terms with this. Initially I felt relieved though. Growing up and not really understanding why you were the way you were really takes a toll. It's nice to know that I'm not alone in all this.
Mine was kinda a coincidence. Someone famous that I thought I looked like came out as autistic. Since I never really understood what that was I looked it up and there was practically my whole life written out in a better way than I would've been unable to put it. To say that was enlightening is quite an understatement.

Though as this started to sink in I started to think of what this meant. Was I disabled somehow? What about kids? All sorts of questions

Personally I'm somewhat neutral in this diagnosis. Like you say a blessing and a curse. Would you say your life has been better in the year since finding out? So I can get an idea what I'm in store for

And what do I like to do? Well I like to stay pretty active. Run, hike. Have a PS4 I play from time to time. Would love to find friends to add. And I guess just figuring what the hell to do with my life

Hbu? What do you like to do?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 12:39 am

Welcome to WPea! :mrgreen:

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 1:29 pm

Welcome to WP broccoli58. I hope that you find all the answers that you're looking for here. :)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 12:16 pm

AspergersActor8693 wrote:
Welcome to WP broccoli58. I hope that you find all the answers that you're looking for here. :)

Welcome come boccoli58 :D

where ever you go ,there you are

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

30 Dec 2021, 1:37 pm

broccoli58 wrote:
Rexi wrote:

Hi Rexi!

Yes! My name's Brock, hence the username hehe and yes I've pretty much researched as much as I could about (formerly) Asperger's and autism as a whole. Next is understanding it from others. Which is one of the reasons I'm here haha

It's definitely been a process coming to terms with this. Initially I felt relieved though. Growing up and not really understanding why you were the way you were really takes a toll. It's nice to know that I'm not alone in all this.
Mine was kinda a coincidence. Someone famous that I thought I looked like came out as autistic. Since I never really understood what that was I looked it up and there was practically my whole life written out in a better way than I would've been unable to put it. To say that was enlightening is quite an understatement.

Though as this started to sink in I started to think of what this meant. Was I disabled somehow? What about kids? All sorts of questions

Personally I'm somewhat neutral in this diagnosis. Like you say a blessing and a curse. Would you say your life has been better in the year since finding out? So I can get an idea what I'm in store for

And what do I like to do? Well I like to stay pretty active. Run, hike. Have a PS4 I play from time to time. Would love to find friends to add. And I guess just figuring what the hell to do with my life

Hbu? What do you like to do?

Well, I would say it was awesome, depends what happens in your life and what you decide to change because they have consequences. But definitely learned much more about myself and my flaws as well as the strengths I have. Talking about it to people and explaining was an interesting experience.

Joining this place was really helpful to me I have to say. I've tested every place I could find and it's my favorite. Even if sometimes it was stressful depending on the people I talked to or the debates (religious debates, some politics are sweet) I was involved into which take mental energy and more thinking but which I really like if I feel well enough.

I certainly have more direction because I understand my talents much more effectively or identify them, and can go back to the ones I had as a child and revisit them and some are still very enjoyable and I can learn so much more about them, for example I was pretty obsessed with dogs and I got back into training reading, and someone here talking about being more hands on with dogs as a career fits my preference too, not that I want it to become my career, I mean I kinda do but don't think anything will come out of it? I'd love to do it. But I have a lot more interests than that. plant and substance effects would be one of them, and i studied to be a pharma, not even by my own choice, just bc it was close and there are a lot of pharmacies around, sounded reliable enough. Still hard to get a job and not exactly the job i need for my deficiencies.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2021, 8:31 am

Welcome! you are not alone!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson