Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

broccoli58
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Nov 2021, 3:40 am

Hello everyone, I'm in my early 30s and I just discovered that I have Aspergers. I've always struggled throughout my life with meeting new people. I'm hoping I will have an easier time connecting with someone who kinda thinks like me. Has anyone here ever been in a similar situation as mine? I feel as if I've never really understood who I was but now I finally on the right track to figuring it out.

Also if anyone here lives on the island of Oahu definitely hit me up!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 4:54 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 7:11 am

I'm on the cooler ( as in temperature) side of the USA, Northeastern Michigan, welcome.
so many new perspectives to explore with recent adult diagnosis. Take your time and take care of yourself! Glad you are with us.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 11:22 am

Welcome to WP! I hope you find some pleasant company here.

And I wouldn't say I never understood who I was...what I didn't understand was what was wrong with everyone else!

When, at age 64, I was diagnosed as Autism Spectrum Disorder, Level 1 (Mild), annotated to mention I also met the criteria formerly associated with Asperger's Syndrome, I think I may have even said "so that's what's wrong with everyone!"

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 12:21 pm

welvome to WP broccolli58 love the weather on Oahu spent a week there once but mainly on the beach .. :D

where ever you go ,there you are

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 6:50 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

broccoli58
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Nov 2021, 10:41 pm

autisticelders wrote:
I'm on the cooler ( as in temperature) side of the USA, Northeastern Michigan, welcome.
so many new perspectives to explore with recent adult diagnosis. Take your time and take care of yourself! Glad you are with us.

Thanks! I'm happy to be here :)

broccoli58
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Nov 2021, 10:44 pm

Jakki wrote:
welvome to WP broccolli58 love the weather on Oahu spent a week there once but mainly on the beach .. :D

Fair enough! Though there's so much more here. Feel free to PM me if you ever think of coming back I can show you around. I used to be a tour guide here but all that forced socializing can really get tiring

broccoli58
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Nov 2021, 10:45 pm

Oh and everyone my name is Brock (hence the username) Thank for the welcome :)

broccoli58
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Nov 2021, 11:09 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Welcome to WP! I hope you find some pleasant company here.

And I wouldn't say I never understood who I was...what I didn't understand was what was wrong with everyone else!

When, at age 64, I was diagnosed as Autism Spectrum Disorder, Level 1 (Mild), annotated to mention I also met the criteria formerly associated with Asperger's Syndrome, I think I may have even said "so that's what's wrong with everyone!"

Haha thanks! That's a good way of looking at it. I'm sure I could write a whole book on things that NT people did that I never quite understood

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2021, 10:00 am

Thank you broccoli58 for the offer of tour guide ... but it has been many years and it took quite abit to handle the crowds at the airports and the plane transfers .. and the throngs of people at the airport . But would love someday to make that trip again . Very kind offer . :D

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2021, 1:44 pm

Welcome to WP! I don’t live on Oahu but I’ve been many times, and know full well how beautiful it is there!

#palestinianlivesmatter

broccoli58
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Nov 2021, 3:21 pm

Jakki wrote:
Thank you broccoli58 for the offer of tour guide ... but it has been many years and it took quite abit to handle the crowds at the airports and the plane transfers .. and the throngs of people at the airport . But would love someday to make that trip again . Very kind offer . :D

Sure anytime. I can certainly see where you come from with crowds. I never quite enjoy them either but I guess you can say I've gotten used to it over the years. I can just kinda sink into my own personal space and be alone among a huge crowd (headphones work great lol) it's funny looking back on it when I used to force myself to go to bars and clubs not understanding why I didn't enjoy it

broccoli58
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Nov 2021, 3:23 pm

Zakatar wrote:
Welcome to WP! I don’t live on Oahu but I’ve been many times, and know full well how beautiful it is there!

Thanks! Yeah beautiful AND expensive! Haha well you know how to contact me if you decide to ever come back :)

CrisChalcedony
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Nov 2021, 11:33 am

Hi broccoli, I'm new here too and recently diagnosed w/in the last year. I hope you find what you're looking for. :)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 1:33 pm

hi Chris welcome to Wrong Planet am glad you found your way here ! :D