2 Men Convicted Of Murdering Malcolm X To Be Exonerated

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 6:37 pm

WCBS-TV

Quote:
After more than half a century, two men are set to be cleared in the assassination of Malcolm X.

Muhammad Aziz, Khalil Islam, and a man later known as Thomas Hagan were convicted of murder the next year and sentenced to life in prison.

Hagan said he was one of three gunmen who shot Malcolm X, but testified that neither Aziz nor Islam were involved.

Hagan was paroled in 2010. Aziz was released in 1985 and is now 83 years old. Islam was released in 1987 and died in 2009.

“The events that brought us to court today should never have occurred; those events were and are the result of a process that was corrupt to its core — one that is all too familiar — even in 2021. While I do not need this court, these prosecutors, or a piece of paper to tell me I am innocent, I am glad that my family, my friends, and the attorneys who have worked and supported me all these years are finally seeing the truth we have all known, officially recognized,” Aziz said in a statement released through the Innocence Project.

But now, the Manhattan DA says the two men, who always maintained their innocence, will be exonerated.

On the heels of the 2020 Netflix documentary “Who Killed Malcolm X?” the DA’s office started a preliminary review. Prosecutors now say authorities withheld evidence in the killing.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 6:54 pm

I'm surprised they're admitting their error.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran